digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that would be cool to work on !!

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if they would let me join in with my big ole sifters? haha

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Stuff that dreams are made of . I doubt that either of us could meet the academic criteria standard to be welcomed on such a dig .

Hey, maybe not there, but volunteers are used all over the world to help with digs. Experts are few and far between, lots of work needs to be done, students generally have other classes to take and so, academic credentials mean nothing. Seat of the pants practical experience means a lot. Yes, I have volunteered before, but only because I was dating an anthropology major(I majored in History-big library with a/c, comfy chairs, within walking distance of cold beer), but she made me go from Big Bend to East Texas and dig in the dirt. Biggest gripe? I couldn't keep what I found. But everybody from universities to the feds and state agencies use volunteers. They love the fact that it's free and the people can document and cover a hole so other people won't start digging in the area. Of course, I was always getting smacked for something. I kept asking if everything I found was extraterrestrial and once me and some other folks split a bottle of tequila and ended up naked in the Rio Grande. My girlfriend got upset. So what if it was noon...Really, volunteer in your state. It is fun.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, maybe not there, but volunteers are used all over the world to help with digs. Experts are few and far between, lots of work needs to be done, students generally have other classes to take and so, academic credentials mean nothing. Seat of the pants practical experience means a lot. Yes, I have volunteered before, but only because I was dating an anthropology major(I majored in History-big library with a/c, comfy chairs, within walking distance of cold beer), but she made me go from Big Bend to East Texas and dig in the dirt. Biggest gripe? I couldn't keep what I found. But everybody from universities to the feds and state agencies use volunteers. They love the fact that it's free and the people can document and cover a hole so other people won't start digging in the area. Of course, I was always getting smacked for something. I kept asking if everything I found was extraterrestrial and once me and some other folks split a bottle of tequila and ended up naked in the Rio Grande. My girlfriend got upset. So what if it was noon...Really, volunteer in your state. It is fun.

Well I have actually worked with some archeologist and hunted with some. The new generation is more open minded and eager to learn many things we can teach them and visa versa. But I am not packing my sifters and waiting for an invite on this one. So one tequila two tequila 3 tequila Rio Grande. Sounds about right!! haha. Wonder why she got mad?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Well I have actually worked with some archeologist and hunted with some. The new generation is more open minded and eager to learn many things we can teach them and visa versa. But I am not packing my sifters and waiting for an invite on this one. So one tequila two tequila 3 tequila Rio Grande. Sounds about right!! haha. Wonder why she got mad?
:icon_scratch: He was swimmin with a female that wasn't her , mebbie ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions