Treasure worth millions stashed for Treasure Hunters update 2-27-13

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a bit far for me, but i have looked at different moutain ranges north of santa fe on google earth and there are quite a few places that could be considered home of brown,Has anyone considered that home of brown could in fact mean brown bears aka Grizzlies??? Just a thought.I think i have a fairly good idea of where this treasure can be found if home of brown in fact refers to bears.

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a bit far for me, but i have looked at different moutain ranges north of santa fe on google earth and there are quite a few places that could be considered home of brown,Has anyone considered that home of brown could in fact mean brown bears aka Grizzlies??? Just a thought.I think i have a fairly good idea of where this treasure can be found if home of brown in fact refers to bears.

Brown bears and grizzlies are different. Both are brown. One eats your face off the other is KINDA calm

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brown bears and grizzlies are different. Both are brown. One eats your face off the other is KINDA calm

I was not aware that a grizzlie and a brown bear were not of the same species of bear.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, it's a "race" and it's the other way around. Grizzlies are a "race" of Brown bear. So All Grizzlies are Brown Bears but not all Brown Bears are Grizzlies.

It is actually a race, not a subspecies. {actually, race is the same as subspecies. Generally, race is used more commonly for birds, subspecies for mammals.

This came from wikipedia so i dunno lol ...but anyways,Home of brown could possibly refer to bears.

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, it's a "race" and it's the other way around. Grizzlies are a "race" of Brown bear. So All Grizzlies are Brown Bears but not all Brown Bears are Grizzlies.

It is actually a race, not a subspecies. {actually, race is the same as subspecies. Generally, race is used more commonly for birds, subspecies for mammals.

This came from wikipedia so i dunno lol ...but anyways,Home of brown could possibly refer to bears.

So are Philippinos the same as the Chinese?

DrawkcaB

Mar 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about 90% sure I know where it is...
The only part I have not figured out is where or what the home of brown is...
I think the home of Brown is just Dirt or in the ground near or by a well (water).....IMO

DrawkcaB

Mar 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe the house is brown and not the name of the people
Dirt is brown, not all ground is brown, ground can be grey, green or some other covering.... I'm guessing its dirt

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Consider coastal areas Alaska in particular for brown bear. Or afognak island kodiak brown bears. Salmon in season,dead or beached whale,and more for a steadier diet growing a bigger bear.
While similar,for hunting records due to browns being consistently larger for same age and mature specimens being larger than grizzlies it matters.
Ol brownies range could be home of brown(not to me but that's fine) any thing "below" being south of.
Not sure if afognak has hot volcano,if not one is close.

Last edited:

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider coastal areas Alaska in particular for brown bear. Or afognak island kodiak brown bears. Salmon in season,dead or beached whale,and more for a steadier diet growing a bigger bear.
While similar,for hunting records due to browns being consistently larger for same age and mature specimens being larger than grizzlies it matters.
Ol brownies range could be home of brown(not to me but that's fine) any thing "below" being south of.
Not sure if afognak has hot volcano,if not one is close.

Alaska does not contain any rocky mountains

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Right. Trying to help sort out difference of bears. I have not heard griz called brown.
Note too,"below"on a map is south. northern rockies ,buffalo are not far off.

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home of brown could refer to a bigfoot sanctuary. Maybe when you find bigfoot you will find the treasure.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the Treasure Lies
By Forrest Fenn As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk,
Put in below the home of Brown.From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Did he write a book with the clues in it?what is the name of the person?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he write a book with the clues in it?what is the name of the person?

Howdy Tom,

The man is Mr. Forrest Fenn, he wrote the book, or memoir where he describes himself, and the treasure. The poem also in the book, is the waybill to his treasure.

He also has a site about it Old Santa Fe Trading Co

Homar P. Olivarez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread