All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if he made the Mistake of putting it in the National Forrest

where it would now be illegal to remove & keep it,

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
What I think is funny is all those people looking in New Mexico for the stash, when it could be in any of several states including Oklahoma. Forrest only said it was North of Santa Fe in the Mountains he did not say which Santa Fe. # 2 he said he did not say it was in New Mexico. SO Colorado, Utah, Montana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alaska etc could be hunting grounds.

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
Also he said in one blog that he had replied to emails from searchers that a couple of the searchers had been within 500 ft of the stash, and had bypassed several signs. I would look for a F or FF on a tree in one pic there was a tree with a FF, a JD ( His nephew who is actively hunting it and apparently marking his hunt spots where he has hunted) and either 9.11.11 on a tree the 9 may be a 4. Also in the video there was a ASH tree marked with a F he may have walked them right over the stash and no one knew it. The F could be his Blaze. I can not go hunt it so ya'll have fun.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I think is funny is all those people looking in New Mexico for the stash, when it could be in any of several states including Oklahoma. Forrest only said it was North of Santa Fe in the Mountains he did not say which Santa Fe. # 2 he said he did not say it was in New Mexico. SO Colorado, Utah, Montana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alaska etc could be hunting grounds.

Not far, but too far to walk,
:laughing7:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think home of Brown is the clue. But to bad the name was not something like Miesterbreckentineshill !!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I advise every single member on this forum to give up the persuit of this so called 'give-a-way'. If he went to the grave with this information they you'd have a chance. But the fact that he is still alive means, south-american treasure hunting cut-throats, (ie, the one's who send balboa's to the US currency supply) have probably already made their way to his house, and he was forced to disclose the information. I am willing to bet money, that this has already happened and the treasure is gone, and if it did not happen yet, you are only putting yourself at risk if you get close.

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
I'm about 90% sure I know where it is...
The only part I have not figured out is where or what the home of brown is...
But think about it... IF someone already found it do you really think they would make it known?
The IRS would be on them like flies on ****..
I know I wouldn't tell anyone...
So there's a damn good chance its been found already..
The clues really aren't that hard to figure out...

Skullybnuts

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure in the memoir typed up in the chest probably has instructions to at least contact him to let him know it has been found

Hangtown

Jan 10, 2013
El dorado county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whos to say anyone is going to disclose where they found it. I wouldn't. I would take a small portion of it, add my two bits for history, re hide it in the same place and sell a book to generate funds to retire on.Obviously its in a good place. Its not like any national land will have duplexes going up on it anytime soon (dont quote me on that). Especially yellowstone. Plus how many people really are going to travel "north of sante fe" to find loot above 5000 feet? without a metal detector....? I think not many. This story has been around for two years now and no one has found it, maybe 1-5,000 people have actually got up and tried. He is now just having fun in his older years, he thought he was dying from cancer and started the hunt, and now that he beat cancer he is playing with our minds to motivate us to be like him, a true adventurer, and the reward is 2 million bucks. Even if there is no treasure, wouldn't it be nice to go "north of sante fe" and hike around "above 5000 feet". My guess is some family that hikes all summer will find it and not even know about the hunt.

I wonder if he made the Mistake of putting it in the National Forrest

where it would now be illegal to remove & keep it,

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two families named brown live near me. Maybe it is in Alabama? If you find it here, then I should be given 25 per cent for solving the mystery! Good Luck to all those who are looking, sounds like a great adventure!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread