Louisburg, N.C. men believe they have found $18,483 in civil war gold

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Believe they found". What a joke. You either have FOUND something and have it in your hand or you have nothing. Maybe if I believe I have a new corvette sitting in my drive way it will mysteriously appear tomorrow. About as much chance of these two finding a single coin of "confederate gold".

The news anchors said, "Believe they have found." If you listen to Bubba and I on the video you will see us say we are 100% sure that we have found it. The gold is not all in one location. It is at 58 different depositories. Some are located in Virginia, West Virginia and I know of at least one large one in Tennessee. We only have the names of the towns, the landowners that were "Depositor Clerk's" Without the "maps" we could hunt a life time just after one of these depositories. I do however know the location of the "Mexican Silver Dollars" in Danville, Va., as well as two depositories of gold each containing $4.3 Million in gold specie. These alone are worth over $250 Million Dollars not counting for numismatic values. We know the landowners name where there is another $8 Million in gold specie, the name of the town but not the location of the depository. Without the "maps" there is not an easy way of finding these depositories. As the landowners owned thousands of acres of land. Sure we could narrow it down to where the landowner lived, but getting permission for searches without knowing the location is not easy. And some of these landowners are "Sentinels" as we found out on the $8 Million Dollar location. This location also contained 889 large gold bricks. Do not know the weight but most likely 50# to 80# each. The one in Tennessee also contains 889 large gold bricks. I know the mountains where it is located and a general area of that mountain but still a large territory to hunt down. Then there is one in Roanoke County, Virginia that contains 853 boxes of gold specie with $25,000 to the box, that comes to about $21 Million face value. I have the name of the mountain and that is it. If I could secure the maps all of these treasures and more could be recovered today.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
My apologies but unless I’ve read something wrong, how can anyone be 100% sure that they’ve found “it” (whatever “it” may be) if they don’t actually have “it” in their possession, nor seem to have actually seen “it” for that matter?

In the post above, there sounds to me like there’s a lot of the typical “we know this for sure, we know that for sure” type of innuendo, however, there doesn’t appear to be anything that can actually back up these claims in complete totality.
I’m not trying to be a negative Nancy nor am I calling anyone a liar. The reality is, for as difficult as it might be to say that you’re 100% positive that you’ve “found” something, there’s no way for me to say with 100% certainty that you haven’t...
If you have some sort of further verifiable proof or, at very minimum, significantly more info to back up these claims (obviously something that you’re able to share with all of us here on Tnet), I’d greatly enjoy seeing/reading it!

Again, no disrespect meant in my post, & I look forward to hopefully reading more from you on this topic.
Thank you in advance.
JA

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
If they did, they are dumb as hell for advertising it.
Not only will they lose it, but probably end up facing charges.
Govt greed has no limit.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that they pay their state and federal income taxes or off to jail they will go.

The first problem is to get by the government red tape to recover these treasures. Paying taxes is never a problem, you still get to keep a percentage of the treasure. I have never understood why the poor working people always paid more taxes than the rich. It should be the rich paying the most taxes they do have most of the money. I have no problem paying taxes just a huge problem to recover these enormous treasures.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working poor do too. Keeps us out of jail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread