jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who found $10,000 in a drawer at a Kansas City hotel where he was staying with his dad turned the money over to police.

Tyler Schaefer found the neatly stacked bills Saturday in the room where he and his father, Cody Schaefer, were staying at a hotel near the airport, The Kansas City Star reported.

Cody Schaefer said Tyler, a Cub Scout, is always on the lookout for clues and treasure.
"He looks for stuff at random," Schaefer said of his son. "He's very observant."

Schaefer told his son they couldn't keep the cash because they didn't know who it belonged to.

:icon_scratch: I would think that is the best reason to keep it ? :icon_scratch:
in my book You can't keep it,
if you know the owner :icon_scratch:

Boy finds $10,000 in KC hotel room - KansasCity.com

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably drug money. Would have made a nice crh bankroll. Ya, poooolice will have no problem spending it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hopefully the young man will get a reward for his honest efforts.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Horrible father, that money could have been used for a college fund, safety net, perhaps a better diet, a first car, maybe a small CRH fund. I tell you, only criminals, and drug dealers leave $10K in a motel room, no doubt about it. As far as I'm concerned, his father was associated with this "dirty money", and did the easy thing and call the police. He needs to go to jail for future endangerment of a child's well-being.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would return also just from the fact that my name is on the motel registry And if it is gang or drug money they'll be coming back for it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would return also just from the fact that my name is on the motel registry And if it is gang or drug money they'll be coming back for it.

:icon_scratch: Never saw it ! must have been the cleaning person :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions