Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or oooh ! Soiled Diaper, I gotta stop for That :headbang:
What was she really hoping for ? Yellow road apples :icon_scratch: index.jpg

Unemployed teacher Candace Scott found a bag filled with about $20,000 in cash on the side of the road. The honest woman turned it in to her local Chase bank after seeing the company’s logo on bands around the money.

One man's dirty diaper is another woman's cash cow.
An unemployed teacher driving in College Station, Texas, on Tuesday morning spotted a bag on the road that appeared to her like a soiled diaper and pulled over, thinking that someone had discarded it.

Read more: Out-of-work teacher finds bank bag containing $20K on side of road - and turns it in* - NY Daily News

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
And, the best part of the story is the finder was rewareded with a $500 Chase Debit Card! I love a happy ending...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Over the years there have been quite a number of lost armored car bags found, not far from here about 10 years ago one had the back doors fly open dumping a rather large quantity of loose bills on our I-94 near the 85 mile marker.:dontknow:

It caused a huge traffic jam as people slammed on the breaks to attempt to help them selfs to a wind fall. Some citizens were honest held the money for the police, but many stuffed their pockets, shirts, pants, and anything they could find.
One friend that was there said a gal with her fists full of ones and fives asked others to help her to pick up more as 50's and hundreds blew by... :icon_scratch:

Yeah people got stupid and when they later bragged of their windfall the police showed up...
If they surrendered the money no charges were filed... Yes my friend was one of them, they had about 2K... :laughing9:
Yaw know if the police were as diligent about going after rumors of drug dealers, and illegals they could clean up in short order....:headbang:

Goggle bags of money found for your state, it happens more often than we realilze...

Don't the insurance companies pay a 10% finders fee for returned bank funds???

Or at least they use to, it was SOP that too many bank managers kept as a private bonus, often stiffing the finder completely...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread