One of those WHAT?? Stories...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
from and read more at Mystery as century-old Swiss watch discovered in ancient tomb sealed for more than 400 years | Mail Online

Archaeologists are stumped after finding a 100-year-old Swiss watch in an ancient tomb that was sealed more than 400 years ago.

They believed they were the first to visit the Ming dynasty grave in Shangsi, southern China, since its occupant's funeral.

But inside they uncovered a miniature watch in the shape of a ring marked 'Swiss' that is thought to be just a century old.

article-1096959-02D4C469000005DC-328_468x299.jpg

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously????

Sheldon J;Archaeologists are stumped after finding a 100-year-old Swiss watch in an ancient tomb that was sealed more than 400 years ago.

Insert Homer Simpson Duh emote.. Grave Robbers

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
100 years ago any archaeologist worth his salt if he found it, he plundered it all in the name of science. Their finds were what made their career, enhanced their reputation of being able to produce they published, and bragged about it. They would give a token to the country they found it in, and the rest would end up in some usually private musieum...

I'm thinking their WHAT moment comes from...
1. If it was opened 100 years ago, why wasn't it plundered???
2. What happened to the crew, who if the site was abandoned and left on their own would have plundered it...
3. And why did they go to all the trouble to seal it back up???

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread