Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Syracuse Post Standard June 20, 1901

SEER POINTS TO GOLD, FARMER DiGS IT UP
Georgia Man Follows Advice of a Fortune Teller. SAVANNAH, June 19.
—William Brannar is $30,000 better off through digging for gold. He is a prosperous farmer of the Laston district and has recently lived in Savannah. A fortune teller told him that on his place in Bullock County, at the end of a certain old mill dam, was buried a large amount of money. He quietly began searching for the hidden treasure. Yesterday he struck a. pot of antebellum mold that contained $30,000 in gold coin. When or by whom this treasure was laid away nobody knows, nor does Mr. Brannar care.

Could there be more?....HH..........GRiley

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
Sad the IRS will swoop in take their share. If I ever found something like this I would keep my mouth shut.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a similar case up here in Forsyth Cty about the same time, Farmer was plowing the field and uncovered a steel kettle full of gold coins , In the end he ended up with only about 30 % since the 2 former landowners claims it was from their families.... If you search around on the web the story is there ONLY GOES TO PROVE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, especially in england. the government gets 50% right off the top. In vietnam where i am at the moment, it's 100%

:goldbar::goldbar::goldbar::goldbar:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree keep your mouth shut and enjoy the spoils of a find like that..

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the facts about England wrong, so better check up on it. Im sure there are a few brits here that will give the exact figures, and the US would be good to copy there system.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When or by whom this treasure was laid away nobody knows, nor does Mr. Brannar care.

:censored: Mr Brannar would certainly care if a gang of thieves showed up at his doorstep and he was looking down the barrel of a 45 cal , duh , he would "care " really fast ;)

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Unless I'm reading the post wrong I believe that information is from June in the year of 1901. Mr. Brannar is long gone by now.

S

stefen

Long and prosperous life while it lasted, Mr. Banner....:occasion14:

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, especially in england. the government gets 50% right off the top. In vietnam where i am at the moment, it's 100%

:goldbar::goldbar::goldbar::goldbar:
Move to another country that let you keep all the treasures. Look out for the big snakes in Vietnam.

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad the IRS will swoop in take their share. If I ever found something like this I would keep my mouth shut.
Always pay your taxes. Put on your tax form, sale of coins, without telling them how you got them. Good luck.

kevin hoffman

Sep 7, 2012
cambridge md
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good tip John, my father gave me the same advice ! 30 years later medical misfortune forced me on disability ,and thank god I paid all my taxes !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread