Beale Treasure - found?

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
What did you hear. I knew about this legend, but never thought there were enough substantiated facts to justify serious effort. Can you let me know who found it, and what was it worth?

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here, again: :) Yep... it sure looks like someone DID find it... according to another web-site... the Wright family found pots of stuff in the 1930's "about one-half mile below where Walnut Grove Church is today... in North Goose Creek." :( They fled to Mexico cause they could not pay their
taxes (rekken not... on all THAT $$$$!) ;) How much, was it worth? Dunno... they became "extremely rich"... Ha! Now, what am I'm gonna do? :(

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Hey Rebel. I understand disappointment. Where are you located. I'll share any info I have with you on your state. Just remember me if you find anything.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Heard the same thing. Others found the hole later, empty. There are photos somewhere on the web of the empty hole.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Never heard about all that. I live about 45 minutes from where it is supposed to be. I would like a link to those sites if possible!

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
when and where was it found and where did this information come from? something new surface? tammahawk

F

Floater

Im with Tamma hawk here Rebel. Where did this info come from and what is the web site. where you found it. I dont know as I would start a subject without some sort of backup to share especially info on a discovered treasure, Plus this would help lend credibility to any info you have now or in the future. Sorry bub but
I got to call ya out on this.

OP
OP
R

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Re: Beale Treasure - found? !?!?!!!

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Thanks Floater, for yer ?? I read many treasure hunting sites... mostly Rochound's Treasure Hunter's Forum Board... check out BEALE CYPHER(S) Section; THAT is where I got the info... ALSO... I LIVE here in Bedford County, about ten miles from BEALE TREASURE "area"...
talk with MANY "locals"... "rockhound" on Taylor Mountain... hike the Peats of Otter... drive around Fancy Farm area... been down TURKEY FOOT Road... TURKEY TOE Road... OLD PLANTATION Road... lots of REBEL/KGC history here... any more questions? ;) BTW, I LOVE yer "ear-muffs"! :)

F

Floater

Thanks Rebel, I'll do some Readin on that site. I did look up some other info on it but mostly the early legends of it. The KGC areas are extremely hard to cipher. I think this was mainly because of the fact that time was of the essence when the moneys were brought in and the advancement of the north.Men do strange things when time is short and life is changing. Also with the sympathisers from the north bringing loot in I guess it would be hard to know who to trust. I think finding the signs or getting on the trail of one hunt is what I most look for. I just have to find a good story and go with it. Thanks for your Post Rebel and I'll let ya know what I find. HH
PS . I do Look good in those don't I. LOL

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
Yes, the Beale treasure has been found.
If I had some names, I might be able to
tell you who found it. I don't know how
to post on the form, but if someone will
get in touch, I will send you a map of the
location and you can post it.

[email protected]

By the way, it was 6 million.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Possession of gold bullion was outlawed in the 1930's, so if you found it after 1933? (ballpark date) it would have been confiscated by our favorite uncle, your only reasonable choice would be to smuggle it to Mexico or Canada.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings,
As I understand it, (wasn't around in 1933 ;) when the Feds confiscated any gold bullion, the owner was paid in greenbacks for it. Also, coins which had numismatic value were exempt, so if any part of the treasure were in OLD gold coins, they would not have had to be turned in. Isn't it odd that the reported finders were unable to pay their local Bedford county taxes? Local taxes were not that outrageous, and with the windfall it seems logical that the local taxes would have been a drop in the proverbial bucket. Stranger things have happened.

I never held much faith in the Beale treasure to begin with, so many points of questionable flavor about it that it fell into the -questionable- file with me. I would be quite surprised if anyone ever found it, to be honest, and would want more substantiation of the claims of the Wrights before I would feel comfortable enough to transfer the Beale treasure report from the questionable file to the found file. Still, Rebel you have a great stompin' ground to be treasure hunting, whether the Beale treasure was found or not or even if it never existed; your area has a long and rich history. Keep on huntin, there is still gold in them hills...happy hunting!
Oroblanco

Remember the words of the experts...
"Radio has no future. Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible. X-rays will prove to be a hoax. " --English scientist William Thomson, Lord Kelvin

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." --internal memo, Western Union 1876

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread