83 milliion for a diamond???

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
And I thought the 35 million that was spent on the orange diamond last night was high... those oil sheik's have way too much money....

From Pink Star diamond breaks record at $83 million | MINING.com

and This $60 million diamond is called the ?Pink Star? for a reason | MINING.com

There's a new world record in gemstone sales: $83.2 million for the 59.6 carat Pink Star.
Sold on Wednesday at a Sotheby's action in Geneva, the internally flawless Pink Star was expected to fetch $60 million.
According to Reuters, the man who bought the ring said he was "buying it on behalf of an anonymous person whom he represented."
The previous record was held by the 24.78-carat Graff Pink, sold in 2010 for $46.2 million.
The ring-mounted Pink Star is the largest flawless pink diamond that the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) has ever graded. It was first shown to the public in 2003 and was later exhibited at the Smithsonian in Washington.

pink-star-diamond-300x250.jpg

this-60-million-diamond-is-called-the-pink-star-for-a-reason-300x250.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh come now, wouldn't we all spend 83 million on a pink diamond? just because it could buy my house almost 200 times over, plus my car, plus my kids college tuition, I mean really is it not worth it?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that kind of money I would buy up all the central east coast, especially Washington DC. Of course I would EVICT quite a few people, especially a particular white looking house!!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oil sheiks have too much money?? Not if I have the diamond for sale they don't.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread