Gold bars worth $1.1m found in plane toilet in India

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Oh Lord, does this mean I should start toilet diving too?

Ooooo....

There's things in there I don't want to touch ???

What you've never dug an old outhouse :icon_thumright:

I know the one time trying to Fedex in the Philippines they wanted to see in the box and had me open it and I wasn't allowed to send a CD., I guess from all the pirating. And you get one chance to get the bars on a deal like that flight. Gotta think fast. Once you are off you cant get back on. I would be in a motel with a hammer smashing them and going to local jewelers to have them make me chains and pendants to wear home and make many trips.

this reminds me of my last flight out of Tucson... 3 very small Nigerian type guys, two try and lift their carry on suitcase onto the scale, the handle shears off, that gets my attention, when they make it I hear very loudly "175 pounds!!! you cant put that in the overhead!!!" from the counter guy... they left and bought 2 more bags and broke it up...
I would have loved to been at the x-ray when that went though...

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how many planes have you flew on as of late... no meals, all too often not on shcedule ;) Two trains of thought... 1. this was to have been a exchange point for someone on the next flight.... and they chickened out (or missed the flight)... 2. they are fake, gold plated base metal and only worth a few hundred bucks...
Actually most non-US airlines do still feed you. For example, a couple months ago I was in the very back of a plane from Bangalore to Mumbai and they managed to feed us all a hot breakfast even tho the flight is only 90 minutes of air time!

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Actually most non-US airlines do still feed you. For example, a couple months ago I was in the very back of a plane from Bangalore to Mumbai and they managed to feed us all a hot breakfast even tho the flight is only 90 minutes of air time!
Yeah similar here, Korean air and JAL all serve HOT meals and they use real silverware, with a hot towel after!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

one must wonder why Kevin was flying from bangalore to mumbai. on the amazing race I bet

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish, that would be fun!!
Thanks mostly to my consulting work, I've been to over 30 countries :-)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, I've been to over 30 counties

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread