jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The plane on which the 1kg (2.2lb) gold bars were found on Tuesday had reportedly come from Bangkok, local media reported, before making stops in India.
"The cleaning staff of the airport were going though their routine duties and found two bags in the toilets of the plane," airport director BP Mishra told AFP news agency.
He was quoted as saying that no arrest had been made in connection with the find, though OneIndia News said a suspect was being questioned.

The gold has been valued at between 70m and 90m rupees (up to $1.4m or £890,000).

BBC News - Gold bars worth $1.1m found in plane toilet in India

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ohhh that's where I left them

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The plane on which the 1kg (2.2lb) gold bars were found on Tuesday had reportedly come from Bangkok, local media reported, before making stops in India.
"The cleaning staff of the airport were going though their routine duties and found two bags in the toilets of the plane," airport director BP Mishra told AFP news agency.
He was quoted as saying that no arrest had been made in connection with the find, though OneIndia News said a suspect was being questioned.

The gold has been valued at between 70m and 90m rupees (up to $1.4m or £890,000).

BBC News - Gold bars worth $1.1m found in plane toilet in India

no arrests made? is it illegal to leave gold ?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perhaps it was left as a tip?

runningafever

Oct 26, 2013
In the sea / Fl West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The cleaning staff of the airport were going though their routine duties and found two bags in the toilets of the plane,"

............and now they're kicking themselves in the a$$ for turning it in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still wondering why anyone besides the person who hid it and the one who found it heard anything about it.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
perhaps it was left as a tip?

how many planes have you flew on as of late... no meals, all too often not on shcedule ;)

Two trains of thought...
1. this was to have been a exchange point for someone on the next flight.... and they chickened out (or missed the flight)...
2. they are fake, gold plated base metal and only worth a few hundred bucks...

jeff08xx

Apr 23, 2011
Dallas TX, Philippines, Fairbanks Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Whites 2-box deep cache
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a flight attendant and forgot to make the pick-up....I know I would have come out with more bulges in my pants than what looks normal. Would be cursing myself for not wearing my boots that day,lol.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a flight attendant and forgot to make the pick-up....I know I would have come out with more bulges in my pants than what looks normal. Would be cursing myself for not wearing my boots that day,lol.

I would have taken them one by one, maybe a couple at a Time,
& left the airport & come back as many times as Necessary.

Spent an Extra month or 2 There while Fed-Xing myself Gifts back home here :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how many planes have you flew on as of late... no meals, all too often not on shcedule ;)

Two trains of thought...
1. this was to have been a exchange point for someone on the next flight.... and they chickened out (or missed the flight)...
2. they are fake, gold plated base metal and only worth a few hundred bucks...

I don't fly anymore as a matter of fact.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Lord, does this mean I should start toilet diving too?

Ooooo....

There's things in there I don't want to touch ???

Last edited:

jeff08xx

Apr 23, 2011
Dallas TX, Philippines, Fairbanks Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Whites 2-box deep cache
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have taken them one by one, maybe a couple at a Time,
& left the airport & come back as many times as Necessary.

Spent an Extra month or 2 There while Fed-Xing myself Gifts back home here :laughing7:

I know the one time trying to Fedex in the Philippines they wanted to see in the box and had me open it and I wasn't allowed to send a CD., I guess from all the pirating. And you get one chance to get the bars on a deal like that flight. Gotta think fast. Once you are off you cant get back on. I would be in a motel with a hammer smashing them and going to local jewelers to have them make me chains and pendants to wear home and make many trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions