WOW! Great find of gold coins! Wish I was a locksmith.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coins stacked up in plumbing pipe ..........................

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know who sells a safe for scrap then says they claim ownership of whatever was found inside...

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was sold with the understanding that once it was opened the contents would be returned.

Strange to say the least.

Junk yards won't take safes, especially unopened ones. Too much non-metal, asbestos, concrete, plus there could be explosives inside.

I've opened a couple small ones, through the bottom is usually the best bet, if you are not a pro,.... like me.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised by wolves, call a locksmith to your house. "so you got the safe open?" "why yes and there were 50 i mean 15 gold coins, and 10 i mean 1 ammo box of silver dollars in there".

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

I didn't read the article at first, (very busy and I thought it was another story I already looked at) and thought the coins stacked in the pipes were done to discourage people from finding it. Fail in terms of someone found them. But it turned out not to be the case.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read the article at first, (very busy and I thought it was another story I already looked at) and thought the coins stacked in the pipes were done to discourage people from finding it. Fail in terms of someone found them. But it turned out not to be the case.

I merely mentioned that because I thought it would help folks find caches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread