Ojai stagecoach robbery loot found

M

Map Dowser

One of my most disappointing Treasure Hunting ventures involved a stagecoach robbery just North of Ojai, California. The robbery took place a short distance from town, and as a result, a posse was formed quickly.

The posse soon caught up with the outlaw, and a firefight ensued. The robber was mortally wounded in the battle, and before he died, he told the lawmen that he hid the gold in some rocks on top of an unusually looking knoll. A search went on for weeks, with out success.

I map dowsed the location of the treasure, and found it to be no more than a half-hour distance from my home.

When map dowsing in wilderness areas, I always start by using accurate, and detailed aviation sectional charts, as they are, in reality, a photograph of the grounds surface, and show in detail, all of the topographical features. I was amazed, as sure enough, it was a very unusual looking knoll.

As I approached the knoll, I decided it was too steep to climb, so I traversed around the base looking for a better way up. This is where the great disappointment came in. I found myself standing in a freshly cut firebreak that went straight up and over the hill. Once on top, I couldn?t find a thing. A careful search of the base produced the same results.

A few days later, while heading out to search for the Lost Padre Mine, I stopped for gas. The gas station owner noticed that my rig was bristling with an assortment of digging tools and metal detectors, and asked me where I was going. After telling him, I told him the story of my last week?s experience. A smile broke out on his face, and he told me I was three or four months too late for that one. He went on to say that a regular customer of his accidentally found the treasure. The customer was a bulldozer operator who contracted with the Forest Service to cut fire brakes. Because it was not legal for a US citizen to own gold at that time, he took the gold to San Francisco and sold it to the Chinese Tong, and used the money to buy a few apartment houses.

Good Luck Hunting
Jerry Nokes

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
I sympathize with you. There is nothing worse than unfilled emotion. I had a similar experience with the Dutch Shultz Catskill Treasure, finding only a long empty hole next to a tree with a date carved into it. Learning to live with dissappointment is something we must be prepared to do, but I, for one, don't engage in a search without sincere belief that I could find what I'm looking for, and the dissappointment is not any less just because you knew it might not be there. Your experience in the late '70's is still haunting you, as mine will me. That is until we find that next one! Happy hunting.

OP
OP
M

Map Dowser

Thanks for your concern. I too am not one to dig holes on speculation. Fortunately, my map dowsing ability allows me to zero in on my targets with proven accuracy, if I have enough information about the subject. My only frustration today, is I now live in North Eastern Washington State, and can't find anything to search for nearby.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
about where are you map dowser. i have a book with several leads in washington state including a lot in the n.e. part of state..send me a message and give me a couple counties and i'll send you what i have on them..just remember me when you hit the BBBIIIIIIIGGGGGGG one. gldhntr

OP
OP
M

Map Dowser

Your question cannot be answered in a few words. I suggest that you check out a book or two at your local library on the subject of dowsing, if you are truly interested. Once you read up on the subject, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I publish a FREE informal monthly Newsletter, and a segment of the Newsletter, beginning this month, is devoted to the subject of dowsing. This months issue was designed for people just entering the dowsing environment.

As dowsing is a very broad subject, if you care to follow along, I will eventually get to the specifics of map dowsing.

Let me know if you wish to subscribe by contacting me at? [email protected]. Subject: FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER

Good Luck Hunting
Jerry Nokes

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sympathize with you. There is nothing worse than unfilled emotion. I had a similar experience with the Dutch Shultz Catskill Treasure, finding only a long empty hole next to a tree with a date carved into it. Learning to live with dissappointment is something we must be prepared to do, but I, for one, don't engage in a search without sincere belief that I could find what I'm looking for, and the dissappointment is not any less just because you knew it might not be there. Your experience in the late '70's is still haunting you, as mine will me. That is until we find that next one! Happy hunting.

if i may ask where did you find this tree? i live in the catskills and am planning a spring outing to explore for the dutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread