$2,800 for a bar of soap???

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Gold-diamond soap with ā€˜special psychological and spiritualā€™ powers for only $2,800 from Gold-diamond soap with ?special psychological and spiritual? powers for only $2,800 | MINING.com

A bar of soap produced by a family-run business in Lebanon might make you think twice about showering and washing your hands too often.
Infused with aromatic plants and essential oils, but also with diamonds and gold, a single unit costs US$2,800.
The handmade palm-sized soap was created as a special gift for Qatarā€™s First Lady, Jewish News One TV reports.
While it looks and smells very similarly to a pure olive oil soap, it contains about seven grams of diamond powder and 14 grams of gold powder.
Manufacturer Amir Hassoun says the product is meant to change a daily routine into a unique and pleasurable experience. ā€œItā€™s not only the most expensive soap in the world because it is made of gold and diamond. Itā€™s really something special, [as it has] special psychological and spiritual effects on the human being,ā€ he said on TV.
The northern Lebanese city of Tripoli has a rich history of soap making, which goes back to 14th century.

gold_diamond_soap.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Will they take food stamps? You pay $2800 for a bar of soap, the psychological part kicks in and you wonder why you're an idiot. The spiritual part can be used at your funeral after you kill yourself or more likely your wife kills you...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when the price of gold doubles can I melt it down & sell it ?

That's just a waste of money !
it's sad some people have so much money they are willing to waste it like that.

like the diamonds the amount & consistency of the gold in it
is probably worth less then the gold in a pint of GoldschlƤger

Last edited:

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive sold some vintage bars of soap before - 1970s or so - some got in the 40 dollar range - the 1960s Ivory Soap bottle I found got me 70+ .....old packaging is great.....

S

stefen

Whatever you do, don't drop the soap in the gym shower...sum body may stick it to ya....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always throw the spare soap in my suitcase left for you at the Super8, Days Inn, Comfort Inn and other motels. I've got a nice collection going now. My wife and three daughters never use bar soap as they prefer body wash, bar soap makes your skin dry... I on the other hand I like my bar soap. I've not had any store bought bar soap in a long time being I get all my soap for free. Once I noticed the maids tossing all the used soap they collected in a bucket on their push carts. I wondered do they recycle that? Why the heck do they save that soap used by the motel guest? I asked the manager what's up with that. He took me in the laundry room and showed me a stainless steel vat that they use to dissolve all that used soap and it sterilizes it all and condenses it all down and you produce a liquid laundry detergent out of all that used up bars of soap. Saves them money!...Told my wife that and she said that's gross and now thinks I sleep in sheets washed in other folks BO deposits.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Will they take food stamps? You pay $2800 for a bar of soap, the psychological part kicks in and you wonder why you're an idiot. The spiritual part can be used at your funeral after you kill yourself or more likely your wife kills you...

Homie, are you talking to Sheldon?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions