fool pays $1,475 for Football Card thats worth less than $150 ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fool pays $1,475 for Football Card that's worth less than $150 ?

By Sam PageFrom card manufacturer Panini America, comes word that a Richard Sherman football card sold for $1,475.01 on eBay the night of the NFC Championship game, after Sherman’s amazing post-game interview. The auction ended at 8:00 PST on the 19th,which is about an hour after Sherman called Michael Crabtree mediocre. I don’t know if the seller had listed the auction exactly a week before when he/she thought the NFC Championship game would end on purpose, but he/she looks like a genius either way. Unsurprisingly, the price paid looks ridiculous in hindsight. The same card is listed as “Buy It Now” for $300 on eBay at the moment, which is probably means its true market value is 50-75 percent of even that. Other past auctions reveal the card for selling for less than $150 just a few weeks prior.

Richard Sherman Football Card Sells for $1,475 Right after his Erin Andrews*Interview | Extra Mustard - SI.com

Last edited:

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The true value of something is what a knowledgeable and informed seller is willing to sell for and what an educated and informed buyer is willing to pay. People that are buying on emotion or uniformed speculation, hype etc either don't care about due diligence or have too much money and could care less. If the buyer is happy and the seller is happy that's all that matters. How many times have you heard of people paying $10-$20 for something and getting $400, $500, $1000... etc. It goes both way. Keeps the world going round I suppose.

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....a Richard Sherman football card sold for $1,475.01 on eBay the night of the NFC Championship game, after Sherman’s amazing post-game interview..... Unsurprisingly, the price paid looks ridiculous in hindsight. The same card is listed as “Buy It Now” for $300 on eBay at the moment, which is probably means its true market value is 50-75 percent of even that. Other past auctions reveal the card for selling for less than $150 just a few weeks prior.

Richard Sherman Football Card Sells for $1,475 Right after his Erin Andrews*Interview | Extra Mustard - SI.com

Uhm, yeah....that was me.

The Seller tricked me, caught me when I was just hugely impressed with his elucidation and poise, I guess

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread