tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of the origins of peckerwood? I lived in San Antonio, Texas in 1984? My room mate and some of his work buddies all worked at an air base retrofitting B52 bombers and they used that slang all the time as you would... numskull, dope, screw-up or a lame brain. Not sure how they used it in California? When I lived in the SF Bay area 1976? some called me an Okie because of how I talked. I was told it was an insult. It didn't bother me as they in California thought anyone who talked that way was an Okie. They could have came from Texas and not Oklahoma.

Attachments

• buck-owens2.png
    buck-owens2.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another example of Americans not realizing the united states this is their land so #$@^ing respect it and protect it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
formally charged Friday ?

took them This Long ?

Taylor was charged with one count of felony criminal mischief and Hall with one count of felony aiding and assisting in criminal mischief, park officials said. Both men could face penalties up to five years in prison, $5,000 in fines and restitution for damages to resources of the State of Utah.

Although the fact they were Boy scout Leaders is a good enough reason to me to Charge them.

"restitution for damages to resources of the State of Utah." ???

Seriously are they going to put it back up ? probably not, so "restitution" ?

1. reparation made by giving an equivalent or compensation for loss, damage, or injury caused; indemnification.

2. the restoration of property or rights previously taken away, conveyed, or surrendered.

3. restoration to the former or original state or position.

4. Physics. the return to an original physical condition, especially after elastic deformation.

"damages to resources" ?

1. a source of supply, support, or aid, especially one that can be readily drawn upon when needed.

2. resources, the collective wealth of a country or its means of producing wealth.

3. Usually, resources. money, or any property that can be converted into money; assets.

4. Often, resources. an available means afforded by the mind or one's personal capabilities: to have resource against loneliness.

5. an action or measure to which one may have recourse in an emergency; expedient.

Sorry I don't see where the rock being tumbled ruins anything.
But as I said being they are Scout Leaders, & I recently lost respect for the whole organization,

I hope they get nailed :thumbsup:

as for Peckerwood, It is a derogatory term referring to southern whites, similar to "rednecks".

So if any southern whites are offended let me Know I will edit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys lucky that rock didn't roll the other way off the top of that berm. I've gone by Goblin valley many times. There's hardly anybody ever around that place. How dumb could you be posting a video like that and boast that you just altered a place called Goblin valley. Interesting it is to know the origins of the slang Peckerwood. That was just the first word that came to my mind when I reviewed the story. Utah has their own kind of Rednecks. They've stopped me a few times when I drive through their state for no good reason that I can see. They seem to be uneasy about my out of state plates? and ask allot of questions like, Were you headed, were you coming from, you have any firearms on you and what's in the back of the truck?. What do you call them, a Buzzwood???

Attachments

• UtahHighwayPatrolNewStyle.jpg
    UtahHighwayPatrolNewStyle.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 84

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys lucky that rock didn't roll the other way off the top of that berm. I've gone by Goblin valley many times. There's hardly anybody ever around that place. How dumb could you be posting a video like that and boast that you just altered a place called Goblin valley. Interesting it is to know the origins of the slang Peckerwood. That was just the first word that came to my mind when I reviewed the story. Utah has their own kind of Rednecks. They've stopped me a few times when I drive through their state for no good reason that I can see. They seem to be uneasy about my out of state plates? and ask allot of questions like, Were you headed, were you coming from, you have any firearms on you and what's in the back of the truck?. What do you call them, a Buzzwood???

There is a second where it looks like the rock could have tumbled on him.
and there is no way, if it had, He would have gotten out of there alive.

His comments do show that not everyone thinks State Park's are anything special.
or even know the laws.

again it was one of the most blatant acts of destruction I ever saw,
& their reactions were pure Childish/redneck.
would they also plug up a geyser at yellostone,
to prevent a scout from getting splashed ?

Never heard of the Words "Be careful" ? or
yellow caution tape, if they don't trust the scouts to
understand english ?

but hey it could have been worse ....

they could have been in SD & dynamited George Washington's Chin at Mount Rushmore,
to prevent it from falling on a scout :laughing7:

sad part, if it continues, they may put the place off limits to everyone but cops,
politicians ,
& geologists :(

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of the origins of peckerwood? I lived in San Antonio, Texas in 1984? My room mate and some of his work buddies all worked at an air base retrofitting B52 bombers and they used that slang all the time as you would... numskull, dope, screw-up or a lame brain. Not sure how they used it in California? When I lived in the SF Bay area 1976? some called me an Okie because of how I talked. I was told it was an insult. It didn't bother me as they in California thought anyone who talked that way was an Okie. They could have came from Texas and not Oklahoma.
your right I always heard people here in the valley called Okies. never liked it because people frum Oklahoma came here for a better life. I to have been called an okie ? the book grapes of wrath does explain.:coffee2:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right I always heard people here in the valley called Okies. never liked it because people frum Oklahoma came here for a better life. I to have been called an okie ? the book grapes of wrath does explain.:coffee2:
All just a part of the American story.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure when this guy has a bit of time to see there was no justification for his actions, he'll come through and make amends for what he did. I'm sure all and all he's been a sensible man most his life. Maybe Boy Scout leaders shouldn't add beer to the outings??? Many of us have done some dumb things in our lives we wish we could take back. I'm sure guilty of that and yes I was considered a peckerwood by my actions.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its even worse that they continue to try and defend their actions. "The rock needed to come down." No you morons it didn't. It would have been fitting if the rock had fallen on them - survival of the fittest.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows how long that rock would have stayed without his help? For his restitution he should maybe put this one on the side back on top of the other at his expense.

Attachments

• rock lees ferry.jpg
    rock lees ferry.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 85

rush

Aug 24, 2009
Its even worse that they continue to try and defend their actions. "The rock needed to come down." No you morons it didn't. It would have been fitting if the rock had fallen on them - survival of the fittest.

Yes I think it should have smashed him flat to bad it didn't ! People now day's have No respect for anything .
Not even themselfs! Damn shame to mankind.. IMO

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw a corvette parked on a hill....I better put it in my nice level garage where it can't roll away and hurt someone.:laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
peckerwood * a stupid , hateful type person ( who are often racist to boot) -- it means generally that your dumber than snot , and hateful toward others and that you do stupid stuff "without thinking of the long term results" of your actions...because quite frankly you do not care about others , and how your actions affect them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread