more on that 10 million gold coin find

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Outstanding!

The more you advertise about a find the more someone else will want to take it away from you.

This is supposed to be a hand grenade :diamond-ring:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only way anyone will ever know I found a huge treasure is my mailing address changes to French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, or one of the 300 other smaller islands)....

hevu6u3e.jpg

gema8yny.jpg

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do Not post News Stories in Today's Finds Please !

They belong in

Sorry Jeff, I even missed it was in today's finds....

Today's Finds should only be for members finds too...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Only way anyone will ever know I found a huge treasure is my mailing address changes to French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, or one of the 300 other smaller islands)....
hevu6u3e.jpg
gema8yny.jpg
American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

i have been to all three of those islands...and let me tell you, i will join you in a heartbeat...imagine Hawaii with out the buildings, cars or tourists....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems I mentioned that this couples "ideal life" was already changed forever. :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been to all three of those islands...and let me tell you, i will join you in a heartbeat...imagine Hawaii with out the buildings, cars or tourists....

I like the bathing suit rules. ..;)

Masonlid

Mar 14, 2005
good ole Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre U Max
lol..You are correct! If I find more than 10 gold coins at a time,I'm only gonna advertise one...one is good enough for banner...lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]Bunch of Bullion: Dealer Says Gold Coin Hoard Not From Heist[/h] By Tracy Connor

The rare coin expert who is helping a California couple sell $10 million in gold pieces they dug up said Tuesday that there is no way the mother lode came from a 1900 heist at the San Francisco Mint

Bunch of Bullion: Dealer Says Gold Coin Hoard Not From Heist - NBC News

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously doubt the gov't can legitimately claim these coins were stolen from the mint. Far too many discrepancies.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like on the news they said it was robbery money from the early 1900s. The government needs to leave them alone and.let them keep there treasure. The finders have more gold then fort Knox. Literally our country is broke. Last audit was in the 1950s. Hmmmm.....

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just like I said last week, i am waiting to hear the news of the graberment come in and take them from the couple!

yep just like I said so! I should have bet a few thousands of dollars on that bet if someone took me up on it!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just like I said last week, i am waiting to hear the news of the graberment come in and take them from the couple! yep just like I said so! I should have bet a few thousands of dollars on that bet if someone took me up on it!

yes I'm sure they have someone investigating,
because if there is any way at all they can lay claim to more then just the taxes on it,
They will.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are just so many threads running on this forum about this topic I don't know where what is posted anymore But Jeff had the possible mint heist listed on a -2/28 post in one of the threads also in another thread was discussed the whole mint robbery story along with info on the guy who went to jail over it As I mentioned before the one who is going to profit the most on the deal is the dealer, His only taxable exposure is his commission from the sale no wonder he has marketed it so much ---------------

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Also note that one of the coins found in the hoard was an ultra-rare 1866 Liberty $20 gold piece missing the phrase “In God We Trust” — a coin which was never released to the public and which must have been produced and kept within the mint itself.
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/03/03/gold-treasure-trove-shocker/

i think they got it wrong ......
1866 S Liberty Head Double Eagle Photos, Mintage, Specifications, Errors, Varieties, Grading and Much More
[h=2]1866 S Liberty Head Double Eagle Without "In God We Trust" on Reverse[/h]
[h=4]Circulation Strikes:[/h] About 12,000
[h=4]Proof Strikes:[/h] 0
[h=4]Content:[/h] 90% gold 10% other
[h=4]Weight:[/h] 33.4 grams
[h=4]Diameter:[/h] 34 millimeters
[h=4]Edge:[/h] Reeded
[h=4]Mint:[/h] San Francisco
[h=4]Designer:[/h] James Barton Longacre

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions