Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archaeologists have found numerous artifacts on a remote forest riverbank in northern Idaho dating back around 13,500 years, adding to the evidence for an ancient human presence in the Northwest, according to an announcement on Westerndigs.org. The discovery further ignites the debate about who the first inhabitants were in the Americas and from where they arrived.

more here..

Archaeologists Uncover 13,500-Year-Old Tool-Making Site in Idaho

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Heck I know of where one is in Tenn... My grandfathers lower field was lousy with arrow heads, chips, partly completed ones...
I use to pick them up by the grocery sack full a a kid.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah but most of these sites only date back 500 to 2,000 years with a few more dating back around 3,000 years. Sites as in the link provided by the O.P. are few and far between and usually covered by many tons of earth and rocks and usually only come to light due to some major excavations for construction.

Frank

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
according to the people that collect these things for a living that have seen them, the points in my Grad dad's field are over 10,000 years old...

It is a shame though that over the many years most were simply given away, by my long gone dad... He would take shoe boxes full of them to a job site (mid to early 60's) and hand them out like the gas stations of the era did kites to kids for a fill up...

site is in a sheltered valley by a wide slow running river (mediocor fishing) with a sulfide spring close by (supposedly medisional according to long gone mom). Every spring when the plowed the fields to plant we would anxiously wait for a rain storm and go a hunting in that gooey Tenn Red clay.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread