A French mason discovers a treasure

jean-philippe

Greenie
Feb 18, 2007
Nice
Detector(s) used
Excalibur - Sovereign Elite - Cscope CS1220XD - Discovery TF900
About 600 royal coins gold and silver dating Louis XIII to Louis XV were discovered on Wednesday by a mason who worked in an ancient house of Montrichard (Loir-et-Cher, France), as it was learnt on Monday by the police. 215 golden coins and 374 silver coins, of a total weight of 5 kilos, very well preserved, are in the course of expertise. Some coins could reacheach several thousand of euros.
While digging a trench in a classified house ancient memorial in the course of restoration the mason found a jar in stoneware containing coins. The building, which is in full city center, dates the second half of the XVth century. The mason, who believed at the beginning to have digged iron slices, decided to bring his discovery to the gendarmerie
The treasure will be shared, according to the law, between the mason and the owner of the house, an investor installed in Paris.
(source : 7sur7)
Jean-philippe
Nice - France

Attachments

• large_384386.jpg
    large_384386.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 641

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great story!There's probably cache's like that in every part of the world waiting for some unsuspecting person to uncover them.Will a tnet'r be next?

OP
OP
jean-philippe

jean-philippe

Greenie
Feb 18, 2007
Nice
Detector(s) used
Excalibur - Sovereign Elite - Cscope CS1220XD - Discovery TF900
Hi Buscadero ! Sure I've got a few pics comming soon on this sreen ! Gold rings and silver jelewery becomes to be a tresor by a certain way. Actualy, I'm searching a family tresor lost in a field before the second world war. I've been on it sinc a few weeks wjthout finding it with a detector. I will know use my "discovery TF900" the american tresor finder ! And will let you know ... if I find it !
So long !
Jean-philippe

Attachments

• beach tresor.JPG
    beach tresor.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 615
  • hand grenade.JPG
    hand grenade.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 617

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
J.P. You have been busy! Beautiful Display! Nice Pineapple too!!!! Keep them coming!! Remember, the French have more Gold Cached away than any other Country!

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread