10 Million dollar white diamond!!!

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
:headbang:Wow!!!:hello2:

From This is the $10 million-plus white diamond just found in South Africa | MINING.com

miner revealed late Tuesday it had found a 232.08-carat white diamond at its Cullinan mine in South Africa, which four analysts predict could fetch between $10 million to $16 million.
The new stone is a D colour Type II diamond of “exceptional size and clarity,” and it has become Petra's largest white diamond since the 507-carat Cullinan Heritage found in 2009 at the same mine. That rough white diamond was given a "flawless" clarity grade and fetched $35.3 million, a record price for the company.
The Cullinan mine, near Pretoria, is famous for the discovery of the largest diamond ever recovered. That one was made in 1905 when miners unearthed a 3,106 carat diamond, which was later cut to form the Great Star of Africa and the Lesser Star of Africa, set in the Crown Jewels of Britain.

the-10-million-plus-white-diamond.jpg

the-10-million-plus-white-diamond2.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad it's got some chips in it

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They often do, with today's mining methods. The 12$ million pink one from the Argyle mine in Australia was the same way. The owner said it didn't diminish the value much.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread