Get your rubber boots on Boys and start shovellin !

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
The Gold Lurking in America's Sewers

I think they need to check their facts - 2kgs of gold from 1 ton of ash? That's rich :laughing7:
I wonder how many tons of UGH it takes to make a ton of ash.... I'm betting it is at the very least a 100-1 ratio and then there is this in the story..
Of course, the study didn’t account for one thing: whether the cost of extracting these precious metals from the sludge is actually worth it.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gives me a great idea... thank you.
Where I live the street sewers all lead to a single pipe that empties into the ocean. At low tide the area around the pipe is exposed land.
Every gold ring or bit of change that ever falls down a storm drain is certainly buried somewhere under that pipe. I'll get my waders.
Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trouble is the truck to transport it, the furnace to refine it, the permits to burn it and the toxic waste disposal to carry off the residual ash to the landfill will cost about what the gold you get amounts to.

Did you know the worst problem we have with the sewage treatment is the pharmaceuticals?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello "UnderMiner",

Good Luck on the pipe/ocean hunting. Please keep us posted on your finds.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread