Metal Detecting Article in "EVIDENCE" Magazine

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my copy of Evidence magazine today in the mail, and the cover story is about Metal Detectors at the crime scene. I used my own detector several times at crime scenes, especially shooting scenes to use in the recovery of brass casings, and bullet fragments. Also, a couple of times we used them searching for weapons ditched after the commission of a crime. The OHP bought a Garrett Gtac 2500 for crime scene use, which wasn't a good choice in my opinion for use by someone without any knowledge of the use of a detector. I finally donated one of my old Tesoro turn on and go detectors for those guys without experience. If you would like to read the article, let me know and I will email it to you. I don't want to put anything more than the cover on this site, due to copyright infringement issues.
Mark

Evidence mag.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for adding the link. I actually forgot about the digital edition

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. I remember seeing an old Whites eagle in our PD CSI room and thinking," geeze, do they have anyone who even knows how to run that thing?" But I wasnt about to donate mine to them, LOL!

OP
OP
Trooper733

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It must have been in a weak moment!! LOL it was a silver umax if I remember right. It had a power/sensitivity knob, a discrimination level knob, and a disc/all metal switch. I think that was it unless it had ground balance too, cant remember. Trust me I got to take the state owned Garrett out for "testing and training" quite a bit. LOL I think my personal MD was a Whites Classic ID at that time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread