Woman unearths whopping 3.69 carat white diamond at famed Arkansas state park

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Susie Clark unearths diamond worth $20k at Arkansas state park | Daily Mail Online
An Arkansas woman became a little richer this week after finding a large diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park.
Susie Clark, of Evening Shade, found the 3.69-carat white diamond in a 37.5-acre search field on Thursday, her last day of a trip to the park with her husband.
Clark, who first visited the park 33 years ago with her mother and grandmother, prayed to God, asking, 'Are you doing to bless me and let me find a diamond today?' as she searched the field.

And shortly after praying, Clark said she spotted the diamond sticking out of a ridge of plowed dirt, according to Region 8.
She named the teardrop-shaped diamond the Hallelujah Diamond, claiming that her prayer helped her find the gem.
Clark plans to keep the pinto-sized diamond, which is the largest diamond of the 122 found in the park this year.

Crater of Diamonds State Park holds the only diamond-bearing site accessible to the public, in the form of a large plowed search field.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing .. One day Dearest Hubs will take me ! That is so cool !

Did you know there is a diamond mine on the Colorado Wyoming border ? Kelsey Lake Mine ..I think it is still open.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for her! I was just there with my family the last week of February. Had a lot of fun, but didn't turn up anything.

rrhobdy

Greenie
Dec 9, 2014
Knightdale, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, the Kelsey Lake mine has been closed since the late 90's due to legal proplems. Ditto, for the mining operations at the Sloan Pipes (a few miles away). The State Line district, of which this is a part, is a mixture of Roosevelt National Forest and private land. Most of the streams draining this area go through private land, but there are areas where you can get in and pan if you so desire on public lands without violating existing placer claims. I did so last summer and got lucky, spending 2 days scouting the lay of the land and 1 day actually panning some areas. I found a total of 32 diamonds, most were very small, in the 3 to 5 point range (1 ct equals 100 points) and have value of only a couple dollars each. 4 of them were approximately .25 ct each, and the largest was 4.92ct fragment that was colorless and flawless. Per Dan Hausel, it was the second largest placer diamond found in Colorado. ...... If you want to look for diamonds, they can be found with your gold panning equipment. Diamonds being heavy, they will be found in your gold concentrates. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions