tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall checking out a used Blue one of these at a dealership back in 1974. Man did I want it, but the price of it then was like way over my 4 dollar fifty cent an hour budget back then. My friends older brother had a 70' SS 396 Chevelle, back in those days... That thing was big time gas hog.

A Pair of SS396 Novas - Rare Finds - Muscle Car Review Magazine

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 140
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The good ole days when you could walk into a dealer throw down 2500 bucks and walk out with a factory drag car,a 426 hemi equipped Dodge Dart.

S

stefen

Last year there was a Studebaker Golden Hawk that was towed out of a blackberry bramble pasture behind our place, along with several other cars, a truck and a mobile home. A barn find is one thing but a field find is the worst of the worst.

The entire Studebaker looked like the Nova's trunk...swiss cheese...apparently someone is going to restore it as well...it can be done but will probably need to fabricate all of the panels, floor, top, and the like...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It's good to have a project car if you got another to show off in...with the time and money one puts into a old car it's almost better to buy them finished, but then you can't say you did yourself..

'"Hey I remember that car, it use to belong to John Doe over in Garret county"..heard that a many a times...

Long ago in the 80's I had a friend (Bobby P) call me and said he heard of two cars (Camaro and EL Camino) been sold because the renter had given them to the owner of the house just to cover the back rent and they had moved leaving all. He asked if I wanted to buy one of them and he wanted the El Camino since he was Nut over those. Needless to say I should have went to with cash in hand, he called and said he was buying both.. can't remember the prices to well but I believe both went for a grand each, both in street condition and there were enough parts in the garage to build a few more motors..it was a gold mine, when I seen him come rolling up with all on the roll back I almost had the big one. One was a 69 302 Z, the other was a 71 350, he turn the 69 for 4700.oo

Reason I did not go, I was waiting on a buyer, selling a set of BB Square port heads, sold for 400..

Those days are gone now, I have a New And better hobby. One that pays for itself...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome!!!
A kid showed up at our high school in 1982 I believe, moved from California I think. He drove to school in his dads "baby" as he called it. 1969 Yenko nova!! We were not sure what a Yenko was for sure. I did get to ride in it...what would that be worth today? A month or so later kid moved away...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread