jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (AP) β€” An Alabama man stumbled upon a 10-pound package of marijuana that washed up on the beach.

Multiple news outlets report that Ron Smith was taking a morning walk near the Cotton Bayou Beach access in Orange Beach on Tuesday when he noticed what he thought was a seat cushion floating in the water.
Upon closer inspection, he realized the package was actually a bag full of compressed marijuana.

WECT-TV reports that another package of marijuana washed up along a beach in North Carolina on May 10. That package contained more than 12 pounds of marijuana. Atlantic Beach Police say Tropical Storm Ana likely washed the package ashore.

Packages of Marijuana Wash up on Beaches in 2 States - ABC News

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's how pot gets into the US. It swims. Years ago I lived in Ft Lauderdale a buddy of mine found some washed up on the beach. Don't know how long it had been floating but it had gotten wet and it stunk like rot. Maybe it was the original Skunk

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully it was thrown overboard, and nobody lost their lives in Tropical Storm Ana

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff one of the most bizzare beach sightings I saw in my time in Ft Lauderdale was a boatload of Haitians washed up on beach …small boat overloaded with men women and childen. It was funny and sad at the sametime. As soon as it grounded they jumped out and were pursued by cops and Coast Guard. It looked like the Keystone Cops vs The Roadrunner. Can't imagine days on crowed little boat in pursuit of freedom and getting caught at the journeys end.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff one of the most bizzare beach sightings I saw in my time in Ft Lauderdale was a boatload of Haitians washed up on beach …small boat overloaded with men women and childen. It was funny and sad at the sametime. As soon as it grounded they jumped out and were pursued by cops and Coast Guard. It looked like the Keystone Cops vs The Roadrunner. Can't imagine days on crowed little boat in pursuit of freedom and getting caught at the journeys end.

imo desperation like that should be rewarded :thumbsup:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah its a shame they risked lives to escape poverty,hunger,govt etc only to be captured detained and deported

S

stefen

The top money making agricultural crop in California's Pacific coast of Humboldt County is....Yep, its the weed of choice...:notworthy:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Used to be known as Square Grouper in Fl during the 70's 80' and 90's. 50-100lb bales.

Coast Guard plane circling a boat would get the smugglers to toss the bales over the side and take off. CG couldn't get em all.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I remember my T-shirt.. Save the Bales

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a teenager...
A buddy of mine and his girlfriend went out to "make out" on beach at night...
When walking he notices a "box" like object...
Was 100 lb bale...
Sopping wet.

Ever try and smoke pot that has been wet with saltwater and dried out ?
Tastes horrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread