50-year-old safe found hidden behind kitchen wall

S

stefen

When my mother passed, my aunt and uncle stayed in her house for several days.

We never grew up in the house, buy my aunt asked if we needed anything from the safe.

It was in the kitchen under the counter...she extracted copies of land deeds, insurance doc's, a 3 generation old coin collection, and the like.

Apparently she had been getting things for my mom before she died.

The house has sense been bulldozed.

This apparently happens quite frequently.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the late 1970's Vincent sent Alan a bottle of wine and a book as a gift. In the book Allan found a photo of his friend Vincent, a picture of Arizona with an "X" over the town of Mesa, a picture of a house, and a bingo card with three of the numbers circled.

These items were all part of a treasure map. Allan followed the map to Mesa, Arizona where he searched for the "one tree that became three" from the picture. He found the treasure and brought it back home. Allan then went home with the treasure, bought and installed a safe, and placed the treasure in it.

For reasons unknown Allan left over $50K in the hidden safe, left the combination on a card in the cupboard, and vanished never to be seen or heard from again. 35 years later Allan's stash of money has been rediscovered.

The biggest thing is if Allan abandoned $51K can it be assumed that the treasure Vincent gave him was intently larger than $51K? Perhaps the answer resides in the passage underlined by Vincent, “Most Modern Readers will be reluctant to believe that perfect happiness is attainable by methods of which their modern world knows nothing.” Perhaps Vincent's treasure was something more than money...

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice,cool story anyone know where this place is
http://i.imgur.com/UmDxryy.jpg

It's on a cul de sac in Sunland Village Mesa, Arizona. I've already located the house on google maps and have contacted a friend of mine who lives in the area to check it out. He knows the whole story too, we may just crack this case completely open. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread