jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric Delson of Lehman College in New York, who wasn't involved with the work, said his guess is that naledi fits within a known group of early Homo creatures from around 2 million year ago.

MAGALIESBURG, South Africa (AP) – Scientists say they've discovered a new member of the human family tree, revealed by a huge trove of bones in a barely accessible, pitch-dark chamber of a cave in South Africa.

The creature shows a surprising mix of human-like and more primitive characteristics – some experts called it "bizarre" and "weird."
And the discovery presents some key mysteries: How old are the bones? And how did they get into that chamber, reachable only by a complicated pathway that includes squeezing through passages as narrow as about 7½ inches (17.8 centimeters)?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/s...-species-human-ancestor-homo-naledi.html?_r=0

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I get my GoPro cameras and a long stick I'll probably discover some lost colony of early humans (alive) when I poke it into some of these holes back in my cave. Can't wait.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread