Dry lake exposes cool stuff

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
newnan man said:
...Developers have destroyed and disturbed more sites in 1 year than all the collectors have in the last 100!

Now, let me think about how this bucket of crap that Florida allows makes sense? If what you say is true (which it sounds very plausible to me), if you are building something that makes the state money (ie taxable stuff) you can DESTROY all the "archyfacts" you want but if you are collecting them you are doing an injustice to the state and preventing us from learning from the things.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skrimpy said:
newnan man said:
...Developers have destroyed and disturbed more sites in 1 year than all the collectors have in the last 100!

Now, let me think about how this bucket of crap that Florida allows makes sense? If what you say is true (which it sounds very plausible to me), if you are building something that makes the state money (ie taxable stuff) you can DESTROY all the "archyfacts" you want but if you are collecting them you are doing an injustice to the state and preventing us from learning from the things.
Welcome to the Banana Republic of Florida,where the only thing that makes sense is the ?????????? ??? ??? . I'll have to get back to you on that.They did however stop construction once on some very valuable land in Miami because of a site that was unearthed duing excavation,it's called the Miami Circle.http://www.tpl.org/tier3_cd.cfm?content_item_id=695&folder_id=646

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread