Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, that's complete BS. A bronze sword, sat in the ocean for 1500 years, was pulled up in a fishing net, and yet it has barely any corrosion. So little that the base metal shows through on the handle. Nope, this is a fantasy peice someone made up and acidized to make it look old.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been hearing about this find for months, didn't know it was Roman, though. Yesterday was the first time I saw an image. Very, very far fetched. Guess the Lagina brothers can add a "Roman treasure theory" to the mix now.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Commander" stated also in his You Tube recount that they have also found and will be presenting:

Bronze Crossbow Bolts found in-bedded in the trunks of some Oak Trees on the island.

My question is that the life expectancy of an Oak Tree on the island is 250 years?... not quite back to the Bronze Age!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, that's complete BS. A bronze sword, sat in the ocean for 1500 years, was pulled up in a fishing net, and yet it has barely any corrosion. So little that the base metal shows through on the handle. Nope, this is a fantasy peice someone made up and acidized to make it look old.

Yes. Bull.

PARTICOLARE SCULTURA COMMEMORATIVA SPADA BRONZEA ROMANA CON IMPUGNATURA STATUA

Translation ... Reproduction.
How gullible do they think we are?

Exactly what I thought! Good job on the sleuthing. They must be extremely stupid to think they were going to fool anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, BS!! Anyone who has ever examined real Roman short swords knows this example is a modern fantasy piece!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sad that he is fooling gullible people with this hogwash. It is a real disservice to the research of genuine historians and archaeologists.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well, ain't nobody fooling anyone anymore, as they ran tests on it and found it does NOT date to the Roman era.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread