Safe disappears after found by Treasure hunters from Pablo Escobars Miami home...

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
I think Jeff might be on to something! This might all be a set up! Something was found!! Then the current owners didn't want their name on it, so "someone stole it"!!! That would make more sense to me anyway.:icon_scratch: Of why the publicity! They aren't looking for the safe or contents! They don't want anyone looking for them!

I'll bet there is more to this story! About maybe someone looking for something or someone asking too many questions, Too many people saw something........

Just makes you wonder! Or could be nothing and they want to bring more mystery to the property! :laughing7:

I agree Nitric! My guess is; the "professional treasure hunters" found the safe, notified the owners, someone accidentally let the initial story slip out out to the media....BUT after they had someone crack the safe, they most likely found a large sum of money and immediately changed the story because of two reasons: 1) they didn't want the attention that would come with finding a large amount of money, nor 2) would they ever wanna give Uncle Sam his cut in taxes or, worse yet, most likely have the government come in and confiscate EVERY BIT of it on the grounds of being money gained by a reputed drug dealer and therefore already having an existing seizure of goods warrant in place.

Of course, any secrecy that the new homeowners wanted didn't come cheap.....you know damn well they had to have bribed not only whoever it was that informed them of the find, but also anyone else who may have witnessed the interaction!

Again, this is just my opinion. Either way, there's definitely something fishy going on here. In due time, I'll bet we find out....it's awfully tough to keep things like this hidden nowadays.
Fun story though! Thanks again for sharing.

All the best-
JA

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are tearing down house to build a bigger house..

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they have found another safe!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/another...GIX6?li=BBnbfcL

MIAMI — Workers carrying out the demolition of the mansion in Miami Beach that belonged to drug trafficker Pablo Escobar found a metal safe under the house’s foundations on Monday.

The discovery was made at around 11 am. The safe is approximately 2 feet wide by 2 feet long and weighs about 600 pounds. The box is locked, and its contents are unknown.

The owners of the mansion had previously found a hole where another safe was believed to have been hidden. But that safe was stolen in the last 30 days, and there is currently a police investigation into its disappearance.

Christian de Berdouare, entrepreneur and founder of the restaurant chain Chicken Kitchen, currently owns the property with his wife, television journalist Jennifer Valoppi.

The safe found on Monday will be taken to a bank, where it will stay for an indefinite amount of time before the property owners decide to unlock it. They plan to open it once they finish a documentary currently being made on the history of the mansion.

For the moment, the terrain will be under 24-hour security until all rubble is removed and treasure hunters can continue their search.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another article on the 1350lbs SECOND safe found in his house.

Search of drug baron Pablo Escobar's mansion yields safe
Search of drug baron Pablo Escobar's mansion yields safe - BBC News

I hope they tell us what's in both!
JA

The first one was stolen last week. So we will prolly never know what was in that one.
This is what happens in this sort of situation...
I have no idea what they thought was going to happen when they blabbed about finding the first one.
But...
I am glad they blabed all over...
so we can have some good reading material.

Sheesh even if it contains money or gold... or whatever... they will prolly still take it...
Claiming it was from "ill gotten gains".
Who knows... will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Read this article:

Safe found at Pablo Escobar house in Miami Beach will be kept in bank vault ? for now | Miami Herald

Down at the very bottom, it mentions that someone from kellyco has been on site there at the demolition of the old mansion. Here's a copy & paste of it:

David Spencer, a treasure hunter from Kellyco Metal Detectors, said the search for valuable objects will continue for another two weeks.
“We will return when they clear out the remains of the house,” Spencer said. “We will search the entire area.”

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter may know "who" this is.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well he's pretty smart as far as I'm concerned because if he says it was stolen then he won't have to pay taxes on what's inside, if I would have found it most likely it would have been stolen as well. HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter may know "who" this is.

Dave is one of my hunting partners and works for Kellyco. They are detecting the entire property, the 1st safe disappeared before they started detecting site, still waiting on 2nd safe to be opened and there were multiple local and federal law enforcement agencies on site as well as news agencies during excavation... Pablo never actually lived in the home but did visit it on a few occasions.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still awaiting news on what was in it.