Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:

UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) — A suburban Philadelphia transit worker has found a bag loaded with over $15,000 in the middle of a road and turned it in to police.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Bob Tracey was driving home from work Monday night when he spotted the black bag.Tracey says he thought it was a purse. But when he opened it, he saw dozens of crisp $100 and $20 bills.
The 61-year-old Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority worker immediately called police.
Upper Darby Superintendent of Police Michael Chitwood says "to turn that kind of cash in" makes Tracey "truly a good Samaritan."
It's unclear who lost the money.
Tracey says his wife assured him he did the right thing, even though he was $15,000 richer "for about a half hour."

He found $15,200 on the street - and then...

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it i was there yesterday now i know where i lost it ................... wait that a dream

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant say i would do the same as the man in the story. If nobody was around when I found that I would have a good old time buying stuff that I wanted but didn't really need. But first I would hold onto it for a day or two to make sure there wasn't any news stories about it being from a bank robbery or something like that.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT would have been a "hard" decision for sure.
KNOWING that it was "bank" money ,,, thinking of how "banks" have ripped people and taken much "advantage" of users since inception.
Shoot,,,just having it around for "cash" items like gas n groceries would be a plus.
When you start buying big ticket items is when attention is drawn and un-needed questions asked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread