Civil War Monument - Robert E. Lee Statue Faces Removal Due to Being "Offensive"

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We get the point.but this forum may not be the place to cover this.Supposed to be today's finds!

S

stefen

When I first read the title, I'm thinking adversity to pigeon poop...

Pigeons have two legs and are small but affect a lot of localized damage over the years.

However man also has two legs and his droppings has a widespread and infinite affect. :coffee2:

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the very least they should auction it off to someone who will save it!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This statue is about 40 minutes from me and i have seen it several times.....i would love to have it also, but it will be destroyed.....just wait and see. The whole thing just pisses me off too much to even discuss! The mayor said "its time to get rid of this thing and start the healing process".....what the he## does he need to heal from? This is 160 year old history,, if the healing hasn't happened its not going to!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole deal started because one snot-nosed college brat said she found the statue offensive.....well, i find alot of things in our modern society offensive but nobody seems to care about my views or beliefs.....

Kdr353

Apr 13, 2016
Jupiter FL 33477
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT- E series
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
These historical terrorist got this idea to erase our history much as ISSIS is destroying centuries of middle east artifacts.
Shameful.

S

stefen

Society composition in the United States can be compared to Trail Mix, which is good, and not the blanched blend of grits which the HISTERICAL WARRIORS want.

There are so many other important social issues of our society that needs to be addressed.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tear down the traitor.

He was a Virginia native, Virginia was a state of the Confederacy, e.g. Lee was no traitor but a Confederate hero of the highest caliber, even the Union acknowledged this fact back in the day and it's still true now. Just because he wore the Gray instead of the Blue doesn't take away from this man's genius or his honor as a soldier. Problem is these days nobody knows how to accept responsibility and so they go off and blame their problems on statues. Abraham Lincoln did not punish the Confederates after the war was over becasue he knew in order to rebuild this nation we couldn't hold grudges. “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?” -Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
S

stefen

He was a Virginia native, Virginia was a state of the Confederacy, e.g. Lee was no traitor but a Confederate hero of the highest caliber, even the Union acknowledged this fact back in the day and it's still true now. Just because he wore the Gray instead of the Blue doesn't take away from this man's genius or his honor as a soldier.

Well stated...:thumbsup:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can think of alot of things to tear down/destroy other than a statue that offends me!

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This statue is about 40 minutes from me and i have seen it several times.....i would love to have it also, but it will be destroyed.....just wait and see. The whole thing just pisses me off too much to even discuss! The mayor said "its time to get rid of this thing and start the healing process".....what the he## does he need to heal from? This is 160 year old history,, if the healing hasn't happened its not going to!

Sounds like this mayor is just another political puppet! I could say alot more but i may "offend" someone!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Lee was no traitor

Pardon me for taking this out of context. I simply meant that because he disagreed with the results of an election for president, he abandoned his post, shirked his duty, went back on his oath, and took up arms against the army and nation that had protected, defended, and trained him. When you engage in treacherous behavior, you run the risk of being called a traitor. Was he a genius? Yes, he was a very good traitor. I contest his Honor, since he had none. He made a solemn oath to preserve, protect, and defend the constitution. He then went back on that oath because it was more comfortable to fight with his neighbors than against them. Sorry, you join the military, you highest duty is to the nation.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Better start tearing down the statues of Washington and Jefferson as they were slave owners. Also those of Abe Lincoln, as his wife's family were slave owners.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Connecticut Yankee. This war should never happen. But, do not take it out on General Robert E. Lee who was a hero to all of us. It is outrages to take down his statue because a brat was upset. Let us not forget the heroes on both sides, and let us not forget the reasons when so many solders lost their lives and limps, and other innocent families and the homes and businesses that was destroy. God bless all these lost souls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread