Discovery of Viking settlement in Canada could REWRITE history of Europeans in Ame...

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[h=3]THE shock discovery of an ancient Viking site in North America could rewrite history as we know it.[/h]
newfoundland-2-504529.jpg

Read more: Discovery of Viking settlement in Canada could REWRITE history of Europeans in America | Science | News | Daily Express

Swordsnsalt

Greenie
Feb 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good read..im sure we will be rewriting many things about human history..especially when the aliens land lolhehehaha

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the program – amazing thing – no evidence that any of them used a metal detector!!!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Viking search show I watched they were using satellite imaging to locate potential Viking sites.
They were searching in the field for signs of a foundry and smelting of Iron. I did not see them using any metal detectors.
It might be they use them off camera. Not to give any one ideas.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised at how many times I see metal detectors on shows I'm watching. The Alaskan State Troopers is one show where I see them use one to locate shells from an illegal kill.
I think satellite imaging is an awesome use of technology to find ancient sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread