Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very interesting how people estimates how much treasure is worth. A item is not worth what you want to sell for, but, what people is willing to pay for them. Pertaining to treasures, it is best to sell in coin and jewels auctions. Once this treasures is sold, only then we know the worth of any treasures is worth. Now, is the treasure own by the finder or the government? Please keep giving updates.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Cocos Islands has been Off Limits.
I sort of Figured the park rangers were doing the Treasure hunting.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is absolutely false. This story pops up repeatedly. the pics of the treasure they "found" are stolen from other real treasures found. I'm 99% sure that emerald cross was a Mel Fisher recovery.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is absolutely false. This story pops up repeatedly. the pics of the treasure they "found" are stolen from other real treasures found. I'm 99% sure that emerald cross was a Mel Fisher recovery.

you may be right , this story is from Last feb or March already. and some of the other stories on that page are from weekly world news. like the Hobbit with a fully in-tact Skeleton :tongue3:
if bones stuck together like this.

1.jpg they would live their life as a Statue
laughing7.gif

as for the COCOS

there were Many failed treasure Hunting Trips made to the Cocos Island in the 1800's. I believe there were treasure hunting tours to the COCOS .

It is now illegal.
But I do believe the Rangers are Still treasure Hunting there.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... that picture looks darn familiar. heh

Same picture that was used on the fake treasure chests found on a beach story last year.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
While I can not speak to the authencity of the story, which I personally believe is a rewrite of a fake, the photos accompanying the WorldNewsDaily bit are widely available stock images, mostly from museums, including the emerald cross. I found the same image attributed to the Mel Fisher museum.

World News Daily? Come on, how about a real story, with original pics. Rewrites of this fake story turn up frequently with only minor rewrites.

OP
OP
eyemustdigtreasure

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with some that said this might be fake story, perhaps re-written, and extra digit to the values.
If the pics of some of that treasure actually came from those "CHESTS", that golden sculpture would have been damaged for sure!
Wait for more tidbits to emerge, if this is a NEW find, but starting to doubt it now, because I think I recall seeing one pic of the coins displayed.
Auction values, maybe 200 million, on a good day, and besides, it won't be all sold at once...!

OP
OP
eyemustdigtreasure

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is very interesting how people estimates how much treasure is worth. A item is not worth what you want to sell for, but, what people is willing to pay for them. Pertaining to treasures, it is best to sell in coin and jewels auctions. Once this treasures is sold, only then we know the worth of any treasures is worth. Now, is the treasure own by the finder or the government? Please keep giving updates.

The thread is running, but the opinions say that something isn't quite right...! Waiting for more info on this haul!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread