VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! This should be very interesting!! Gorgeous engraving!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

HenrikV

Aug 22, 2016
Norway
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fantastic firearm for sure. Having said that, there is a lot of pistols attributed to Third Reich personalities which goes on auction each year it appears. Some ten years ago i was offered a supposed Göring walther, not identical to this one but still nice. It turned out it was engraved in the 80s and ordered by a dealer to retail as a genuine item. Of course, the Walther was genuine but the engravings were not and it never belonged to Hermann Göring.

For one to buy a firearm like this, i would expect 100% watertight rock solid provenance back to 1945. And, the ring which is included with the sale of this gun is not the ring it is claimed to be. They claim it's the well known ring worn by Göring mostly during the 1930s, this is not correct and period photos shows that the ring Göring wears is a different one. I'm not saying the one included with the gun isn't real, i'm only saying it's not the one claimed to be on the photographs.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fantastic firearm for sure. Having said that, there is a lot of pistols attributed to Third Reich personalities which goes on auction each year it appears. Some ten years ago i was offered a supposed Göring walther, not identical to this one but still nice. It turned out it was engraved in the 80s and ordered by a dealer to retail as a genuine item. Of course, the Walther was genuine but the engravings were not and it never belonged to Hermann Göring.

For one to buy a firearm like this, i would expect 100% watertight rock solid provenance back to 1945. And, the ring which is included with the sale of this gun is not the ring it is claimed to be. They claim it's the well known ring worn by Göring mostly during the 1930s, this is not correct and period photos shows that the ring Göring wears is a different one. I'm not saying the one included with the gun isn't real, i'm only saying it's not the one claimed to be on the photographs.
I agree. Here in the U.S. I do a lot of travel along the roads of the western states and I've come across dealers selling to the loaded with his pension unsuspected retired motor home travelers items claimed to be of the old west and native American artifacts as genuine items. One dealer I confronted on something he said was a period piece, told me It's not his job to prove it wrong, but the potential buyers responsibly to know what they are getting involved with. This I think is true as there's really no way to say for sure what the dealer knows on what they are selling. These crooks, just say that's the story they have on an item and there's no crime in telling what they claim they were told to be true, unless you prove in court they knew it and were purposely misleading with false information. It will always come down to "buyers beware" imo.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread