Catillon Hoard I and II

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catillon I and II

Catillon II was discovered in 2012 by two prospectors equipped with a detector XP Déus, 55 years after the Catillon I, also discovered in the same field. Composed of 70 to 100,000 pieces and several precious objects, it is undoubtedly the most important monetary treasure of the iron age discovered in Western Europe.

1.jpg

cover_treasure_jersey_1.jpg

By 2015, 12 000 currencies had been recorded (the remainder to be identified). By 2016, a total of 45,000 items are listed and cleaned up. Gary also noted the presence of numerous artifacts, including magical torques and gold bracelets, ingots, gold leaves, rings, a stone and many objects.

tresor-1.jpg

Trésor : un prospecteur se rend sur les terres du trésor de Jersey et nous raconte ce qu'il a vu

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some meticulous work. I would love to see the end result but I don't think I would have the patience to do it myself.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Catillon II was discovered in 2012 by two prospectors equipped with a detector XP Déus"

That was not how I understood the discovery. The men on the video say that they discovered the hoard using a Fisher M-Scope 2 box detector.

Later, after the hoard had been excavated, XP Metal Detectors gained some media coverage by loaning detectors to the finders. After they thought they found all of the coins, they used the XP brand detectors and found many more coins that the other detectors could not find....however I seriously question the authenticity of the video as the coins they were finding were laying on the surface and could have easily been found using an old 1960's era metal detector.

Unless I understood the video wrong?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions