John Browns Pistol

Jimgoddard

Jan 22, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some while back a friend of mine was plowing his field and found a very nice wooden box. Upon recovering the box it was found to contain an ancient pistol with all accessories. He researched the seriel # on the pistol and found that it had been the property of John Brown from Civil War times. He kept the authenticated pistol along with documentation at his home for a long time and finally loaned it to the local museum for display. It rests in the Pisgah Museum in Tazewell County Virginia on State rte. 19/460 in the town of Tazewell. If ever in that location stop in for a visit. Admission is only five dollars to see the pistol and the Civil War relics and coal industry history in the area. The museum site was once a fort with Indian settlement. Well worth the money and time!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a story. It really be nice if you could get over to that museum to get us a picture of this pistol and the documentation that points to this pistol was in fact once owned by John Brown. I'd like to see and read more, because I doubt I'll ever have the time to visit the museum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread