jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.The wooly mammoth went extinct 4,000 years ago, but one scientist wants to bring it back. Harvard geneticist Dr. George Church wants to engineer a mammoth-like animal capable of surviving in colder climates.

Speaking ahead of the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual meeting in Boston this week, Church, the scientist leading the “de-extinction” effort, told the Guardian the Harvard team is just two years away from creating a hybrid embryo, in which mammoth traits would be programmed into an Asian elephant.

Scientists Say They Could Bring Back Woolly Mammoths Within Two Years - History in the Headlines

gettyimages-114949802.jpg

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like a Jurassic Park, and we all know how that ended.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That'd be great if they could make it happen. Gettin' kinda tired of this Polar Bear rug -- might be time to get a Woolly Mammoth rug instead! :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That'd be great if they could make it happen. Gettin' kinda tired of this Polar Bear rug -- might be time to get a Woolly Mammoth rug instead! :laughing7:

I'd definitely be interested in a Mammoth Burger :thumbsup:

The name would also work for a Fast Food Joint

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Woolly Sauce anyone??!??!?? Don't forget your Mammoth Beer! :icon_thumright:

Warning: Go easy on the Woolly Sauce. You might wake up the next day with Woolly breath!! freaked-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.The wooly mammoth went extinct 4,000 years ago, but one scientist wants to bring it back. Harvard geneticist Dr. George Church wants to engineer a mammoth-like animal capable of surviving in colder climates.

Speaking ahead of the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual meeting in Boston this week, Church, the scientist leading the “de-extinction” effort, told the Guardian the Harvard team is just two years away from creating a hybrid embryo, in which mammoth traits would be programmed into an Asian elephant.

Scientists Say They Could Bring Back Woolly Mammoths Within Two Years - History in the Headlines

View attachment 1415832
Just gotta say it! What could go wrong? And I have to ask, who's gonna feed the darned things? We all know if they make one they won't be happy till they've made a thousand!
laughing7.gif

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...And what happens if the one they happen to resurrect turns out to be a ravenous meat eater?? :tongue3:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...That's another thing. In Jeff's post, it states this: "Harvard geneticist Dr. George Church wants to engineer a mammoth-like animal capable of surviving in colder climates." ..Excuse my ignorance, but this guy is from Harvard. Has he not heard about the Global Warming disaster that's upon us??!?? :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...And what happens if the one they happen to resurrect turns out to be a ravenous meat eater?? :tongue3:

My suggestion would be Political so I can't answer that

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only problem with that idea is it's been in the freezer too long............

Yea it would have to be a Fresh de-extincted Model they Hacked a piece Off :thumbsup:

imagees.jpg index.jpg images.jpg

Now I'm getting Me Hungry :(

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its bad ju-ju to go messing with things like that - they went extinct for a reason. They were cool looking beasts though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread