🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilkes-Barre Sunday Independent Date 1942-10-25

qqq.jpg

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
A whole $2 worth of scrap rubber donated? I know about the drives and how they went to the war effort but it really must have been a slow news day for this to make the paper. lol

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only reason jeff posted this is because the year was close to his birth. :tongue3:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if the last paragraph meant that they were going to drop the whole pile of scrap rubber on Japan from a Bomber??!!:dontknow::icon_scratch::laughing7:

Frank

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if the last paragraph meant that they were going to drop the whole pile of scrap rubber on Japan from a Bomber??!!:dontknow::icon_scratch::laughing7:

Frank
One of the biggest propaganda efforts of the war was to keep the general population INVOLVED in the war. The scrap drive allowed people to empty their drawers and cabinates THINKING they were helping, thus keeping them involved in the war. This had the additional benefit of increasing demand after the war.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big thumbs up to Joe and Earl for their part in the war efforts.

But I wonder how they liked being called 'grizzled miners' in the newspaper. What is a grizzled miner anyway?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions