So very sad they are removing all our Southern Confederate Heros in New Orleans tonig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Orleans Parish - P. G. T. Beauregard equestrian monument - erected in 1913
IMG_0065.JPG
Tons of people out there with police in full force. Crane is taken it down as we speak.
The list is:

Orleans Parish - Robert E. Lee monument and circle - erected in 1884. 60 ft. column with 12 ft. statue on an earthen mound.
IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0071.JPG
Orleans Parish - P. G. T. Beauregard equestrian monument - erected in 1913
IMG_0070.JPG
Orleans Parish - Jefferson Davis Memorial - erected in 1911. Removed May 11, 2017.
IMG_0076.JPG
Orleans Parish - Liberty Monument - erected 1891 to commerate the Battle of Liberty Place. Removed April 24, 2017.[38]

***World famous picture in New Orleans in front of the St. Louis Cathedral
IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

Last edited:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. Instead of working to improve the future, let's just destroy the past. Makes perfect sense. Don't worry, they'll surely be replaced with more historically significant figures such as Kaitlyn Jenner and perhaps Michelle Obama. How about a new statue of Dianne Feinstein? Warms my heart just thinking about it...

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame to see it happen.

What next, rename Fort Hood and Fort Bragg ?

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is absolutely disgusting. I don't understand how these people keep getting elected.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely disgusting the crybabies get their way. Pisses me off to no end. :BangHead:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard hey were selling them? They need to be put on our protected National Battlefields. I am sure Chickamauga battlefield would give honor to these men cast in bronze.
Let us refrain from name calling though. If you want to go political take it to the charter member section and then you may say what is really on your mind.

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They let Private Manning out of prison today too. Yeah lets just forget the past...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard hey were selling them? They need to be put on our protected National Battlefields. I am sure Chickamauga battlefield would give honor to these men cast in bronze.
Let us refrain from name calling though. If you want to go political take it to the charter member section and then you may say what is really on your mind.

You're right I have to watch my facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politic statements out of thread or it will be have to be locked.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, very sad. The same thing is happening here. My wife works part-time at the office of a local cemetery that was established in 1849. They have a Confederate section with over 2000 solder's buried there. Many are in a unmarked mass grave. On veterans day they use to fly a 6'x10' American flag and Confederate flag but know they fly nether.
The flags have been locked up in the volt until recently when I was able to obtain them. They know are folded correctly and placed in flag display cases and in a place of honor in my home. When I was able to get the flags, I had to promise that I would not fly them in public. At least they are saved.

HH, RN

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep. Instead of working to improve the future, let's just destroy the past. Makes perfect sense. Don't worry, they'll surely be replaced with more historically significant figures such as Kaitlyn Jenner and perhaps Michelle Obama. How about a new statue of Dianne Feinstein? Warms my heart just thinking about it...

You are probably right about that, unfortunately.
dts

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, very sad. The same thing is happening here. My wife works part-time at the office of a local cemetery that was established in 1849. They have a Confederate section with over 2000 solder's buried there. Many are in a unmarked mass grave. On veterans day they use to fly a 6'x10' American flag and Confederate flag but know they fly nether.
The flags have been locked up in the volt until recently when I was able to obtain them. They know are folded correctly and placed in flag display cases and in a place of honor in my home. When I was able to get the flags, I had to promise that I would not fly them in public. At least they are saved.

HH, RN

Amen to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know that they were paid for by tax payer dollars, so if they do sell them, the people in New Orleans are going to receive a check in the mail. But if I were any of them I sure wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it. The statues need to be displayed somewhere for sure. It's hard to know where you're going, if you don't know where you have been.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate hearing this stuff. It is easy to get very mad at the people pushing this stuff.I hold dear the value that history should be accurate very strongly and not changed as early as 200 years after the fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread