Colombian farmer finds Pablo Escobar's $600,000,000 behind barn!

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Excuse me: I misquoted the headline....
The guy found it "buried on his farm"!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I found It !

Sun kissed Sun of a goddess • says it all but I can't post his video
here due to Language

001.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......farmer should have told authorities, I was wrong there is only 500,000,000 there...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the quotes. The picture shows big face hundreds that were not in print before he was behind bars. Fake

or maybe someone Else's stash, that got blamed on Pablo.
I'm sure they hang allot of things on him he never did. just like they used to do with with Jesse James and
Bonnie & Clyde

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Read the quotes. The picture shows big face hundreds that were not in print before he was behind bars. Fake

Turbo21-
Which picture are you talking about? The main one from the article I originally posted or is there another better shot of the cash itself where it's easier to tell its fake?

Truthfully, I wouldn't doubt it if it were fake however, if it's not, I totally agree with Villigenut's idea about just telling the authorities that you found $500Mill instead of $600Mill!!

Dishonest? Sure.....but every bit of that money is considered blood money, the likes of which many, MANY people lost their lives for, so instead of just handing over every penny to the government where all that's going to happen is it'll just turn into a different kind of blood money, why not save a portion of it for yourself and your closest and most trusted friends & family and then do some good with it....QUIETLY of course!!

Plus, who'd ever know the difference??!!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Shhhhh.
The guy could have been a former, or at least a happier farmer maybe;if no one knew.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there's still the bad guy's buddies out there, and the farmer might end up pickled in a barrel, too...!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
This story has been going around for a few years. Every time I see it, the basics are similar, but details are different. Different set of pics are also the norm. I put no stock in the story.

Coffee is not enough.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"If you read it from the internet, it has to be true"...quoting Abraham Lincoln.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Escobar was making so much money he buried it all over the countryside. Sometimes he even burned millions rather than risk his enemies get it. Took convoys of 18 wheelers to move it into banks.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turbo21-
Which picture are you talking about? The main one from the article I originally posted or is there another better shot of the cash itself where it's easier to tell its fake?

Truthfully, I wouldn't doubt it if it were fake however, if it's not, I totally agree with Villigenut's idea about just telling the authorities that you found $500Mill instead of $600Mill!!

Dishonest? Sure.....but every bit of that money is considered blood money, the likes of which many, MANY people lost their lives for, so instead of just handing over every penny to the government where all that's going to happen is it'll just turn into a different kind of blood money, why not save a portion of it for yourself and your closest and most trusted friends & family and then do some good with it....QUIETLY of course!!

Plus, who'd ever know the difference??!!

The picture was from the story you posted. Just look close and you can see they are large face hundreds. From what I have read this is one of those internet legend stories that keeps going around and has no truth to it

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I was thinking. Could not be Pablos You can have either the fame, or the money. I personally could care less about fame...

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
The picture was from the story you posted. Just look close and you can see they are large face hundreds. From what I have read this is one of those internet legend stories that keeps going around and has no truth to it

You're absolutely right Turbo21!!
I didn't even pay that close attention to what the cash actually looked like, just the overall view of the cash itself that was in the bucket in the picture!

Though, I'll admit, the story did always sound a little odd to me from the get-go, I still just figured the article would be interesting to share anyway, maybe on the off chance that someone might have some further insight into the truth behind it all. As it turns out, at least based on other posts, there seems to be absolutely NO truth to the story at all anyway (plus the obviously fake picture!).

My main issue with it all was......why would a farmer, one who's most likely down on his luck from trying to grow things on his property in Columbia (considering he was hand digging his own irrigation trench), simply contact the government (who, I'm guessing, is probably the main reason for his unfavorable working conditions) and just turn in every penny from such a massive find?! Yes, I know....there are still a few good and honest people out there in this world....but still!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Since we're on the topic of Escobar's spoils, what are other people's thoughts on the chances of something "close" to this story actually occurring? The man was oncevthe 7th richest human as estimated by Forbes and yes, though he spent extremely lavishly, gave quite a bit away to the needy to help cultivate his "Robin Hood" image, and invested in hundreds of real estate ventures eventually confiscated by different governments, he still MUST have had several stashes hidden throughout the Columbia hillsides, numerous safe houses etc.
I've got to believe that there has to still be SOME of these hidden caches out there....the real question remains: will any of them ever actually be found? If so, any thoughts on the exact amount to be found? Better yet, IF they're actually out there and IF one is actually found, will we EVER actually hear about it??!!

Just some food for thought to strike up conversation.
Thank you in advance.

All the best-
Justin

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope ole Escobar did not owe any money.

Meaning... Some of Pablo's "buddies" have been looking for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions