California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the rarest coins in the world is the 1894-S Barber dime. According to the Heritage Auction, it is one of three of numismatic rarities in the United States–the other two being 1913 Liberty nickel and the 1804 dollar. The Heritage Auction says if you claim to have this dime, they will give you $10,000 to see the dime and authenticate it. Now isn’t that something?
So, you might want to check your pocket change....!
...be sure to watch the video attached with the article.
Rare Dimes In Circulation Sell For $2 Million And Here's How To Spot Them

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
like you will find that in your change

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like you will find that in your change

Highly unlikely!! :laughing7: But grandpa's passed down coin collection may have one rolling around in there!

I thought I found the 1913 once, it ended up being an altered coin! :BangHead:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid, I removed the "rare" plug from my 1894-s hole in my Barber dime book. Dad wanted to know why, told him I planned on filling it someday.
I did.
There is a Love Token in its spot now.
You can't tell me it's NOT a 94-s:tongue3:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, I removed the "rare" plug from my 1894-s hole in my Barber dime book. Dad wanted to know why, told him I planned on filling it someday.
I did.
There is a Love Token in its spot now.
You can't tell me it's NOT a 94-s:tongue3:

It's your book!!!! It can be what ever you want it to be!!!:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 1953 Jefferson that was holed yesterday. That count for anything? I mean, come on.....holed?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 1953 Jefferson that was holed yesterday. That count for anything? I mean, come on.....holed?

Yes! At least you found the hole coin! .......OHHHH...nevermind,bad attempt at a joke!:laughing7:

Actually! I've seen coins a guy repaired. There were a few that most people would never even know. He was good!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Had a '43 copper cent my Grandfather left me and was earmarked for my son's education . . . Stolen by my ex-wife and is most likely the coin just sold for a mil.plus .

That would be tough!!!

I was the guy on the other side before, nothing worth that kind of money, but the guy that bought from ex-wives. It almost got me in trouble one time. Not by law, but by the ex-husband when he got out of prison and wanted to know where his guns and coins were. It was a legal transaction. But he was wanting to kill me!!!!! Whether he would have actually done it or not? I don't know. probably not or I wouldn't be typing this.:laughing7: Not a happy man!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread tempted me. In my early 20's, my grandmother gave me my grandfather's coins. I was the only grandchild she felt would cherish them and not sell them. Then my dad gave me his collection, a little bigger, mostly wheats. He also gave me my great grandfather's, only three coins. Now I'm going through them. $2,000,000 definitely covers the sentimental value!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah you guys are a bad influence on me. I'm getting my allowance from the bank in all sorts of denominations and looking at serial numbers and coins. It's like playing the lottery except I'm not throwing any of my money away! Haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread