Flea market photo shows 'Billy the Kid and man who shot him'

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
A photo discovered by a US lawyer at a flea market may be a rare image of Wild West outlaw Billy the Kid and could be worth millions, experts have said.

Frank Abrams bought the tintype photo in North Carolina for $10 (£7) and put it up in the guest room of his home.

He consulted experts after watching a TV programme about the discovery of another photo of Billy the Kid.

Historians told Mr Abrams his photo may show the outlaw with his future killer.

Flea market photo shows 'Billy the Kid and man who shot him' - BBC News

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo has an estimated value of about $5 million! I should go to more flea markets.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
I thought about this...

I dont think that Billy the kid.lol

but from the story...

Mr Dunniway worked with Los Angeles forensic video expert Kent Gibson to investigate the picture. Mr Gibson used facial recognition software to conclude it was most likely a photo of Billy the Kid and Sheriff Garrett.A handwriting expert in Texas compared a signature from Sheriff Garrett on the photo with 10 documents that included his handwriting. He found a match, the Associated Press news agency reported.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think that Billy the kid.lol
I'm unconvinced. Looks more like a group of Mexican Vaquero who all chipped in their pay in Dodge City for a photo sitting. I just watched that one show on the National geographic channel on that one photo of Billy the Kid a guy found in a flea market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread