$500,000 Found in House Walls

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, hoards of that sort are common, as well as "planted" caches out on the property somewheres - can't trust them banks...! :-\

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Money, everyone wants there piece. Contractor sued the owner- What?! Have to keep your lips sealed about this stuff. Worker should have approached homeowner alone. If I was the homeowner I would give the worker a large reward. But you have to be quite! The Oregon case in the link has the right outcome, but you can not trust people to do the right thing. I see the owner as the rightful owner of the cash. Weather it's a dollar or a million dollars, why does that contractor think he has any right to it? If that contractor finds a hundred dollar bill on my kitchen table, think he would take it?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Money, everyone wants there piece. Contractor sued the owner- What?! Have to keep your lips sealed about this stuff. Worker should have approached homeowner alone. If I was the homeowner I would give the worker a large reward. But you have to be quite! The Oregon case in the link has the right outcome, but you can not trust people to do the right thing. I see the owner as the rightful owner of the cash. Weather it's a dollar or a million dollars, why does that contractor think he has any right to it? If that contractor finds a hundred dollar bill on my kitchen table, think he would take it?

I Totally agree. How does the contractor think he has a right to it. Greed and a lower level of awareness I guess.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! I don't like that decision too much, being a treasure hunter with a few pirate genes thrown in. So, if I find an old miners poke with gold coins or nuggets inside, the heirs of that dead miner can claim it as theirs? How about Aztec gold? Can descendants of them claim the treasure, even if it's found up here in the U.S.? Doesn't seem right to me. If they sold the house as-is, doesn't that include whatever is in the house or on the grounds? If not, I have a few old houses I used to live in and will go back there to detect the yard. I lost a few things there as a kid, don't you know.....maybe even rummage around in the attic to see if I left anything behind.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you say something; too many people these days want their fame and five minutes of air time.

Find something you like and you want to keep it, then shut up about it.

If you find a really good burger joint, do you take your burger to the street and show it off.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My aunt's house was built in 1854 and they found a mason jar of 1920's gold coins hidden in the fireplace.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My aunt's house was built in 1854 and they found a mason jar of 1920's gold coins hidden in the fireplace.

Did you get to see it? What an awesome thing!

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you get to see it? What an awesome thing!

No, they found it before I was born back in the 60's.

She died of cancer when I was a kid, my dad saw them but we all have no idea what she did with them, sold them somewhere.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry for the man who died who hid all that money that he and his family could had used while he was alive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread