Divers find a stash of rare gold coins at the site of 1800s shipwreck off NC coast

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Divers find stash of gold coins at shipwreck site off NC | Charlotte Observer

Divers found 14 gold coins and 24 silver coins in a spot “no bigger than a cigar box.” All predate the ship’s sinking and include one British coin that experts say could be worth $100,000. Other gold coins in the collection are valued in the $10,000 to $12,000 range, officials said.

Pics and videos to watch

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah but how is it divided by state, feds and such?

KZ2088

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't tell the state/feds. I mean, why would you? You take what you find and go home with it. You don't run to the govt. and give them half of it, they didn't even know it was there and they didn't help you find it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't tell the state/feds. I mean, why would you? You take what you find and go home with it. You don't run to the govt. and give them half of it, they didn't even know it was there and they didn't help you find it.

yeah I know, but IT'S ON THE NEWS bet the gov has seen it

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with you. Always be honest and contact state and federal governments. People who do not pay income tax end up in jail.

KZ2088

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with you. Always be honest and contact state and federal governments. People who do not pay income tax end up in jail.
So you call the police when you find money on the ground? You give them the $20-$100 bill so they can take it and buy a case of beer with it that night? Wow. Well since you enjoy giving money away, let me give you my bank routing information. I can definitely use it. I need a new car.

Finding money on the ground or at the bottom of the ocean is not income. The government LOVES, and laughs at, people like you. You run to them when you find money and give it to them. They could care less. But they aren't going to turn down free money. No one would. You offered it to them! 😂

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like my luck.:notworthy:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jeff-

The answer to your question is this..the wreck is NOT in state waters or Federal waters. The valuations in this thread are VERY conservative, of that I can assure you. And this is ONLY the beginning...trust me.

I cannot really go into details due to NDA's and propriatary information issues....

I will also say this...We are following all ethical and statutory requirements... We are a Historical shipwreck and salvage Company. We take alot of pride in that.

Follow the project if you want...Bluewater Ventures Intl has a facebook page ..the Pulaski.

ag

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread