Forrest Fenn's Treasure - Suspicious Death

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Body found in Arkansas River in June identified as Colorado treasure hunter | Fox News

To quote from the article...

"Ashby friend Bridget Dandaraw-Seritt told KRDO-TV in August that the day of the accident Ashby and four others went out specifically to retrieve the treasure. Ashby believed he knew where it was buried.

“They were going to bring it home that day," she said."

"Fox 21 reported that three others in the raft also fell into the river, but they made it out safely, while Ashby was swept away in the current.

Two of the rafters told Ashby’s friends they saw him alive, hanging on a rock. They said they panicked, and left without trying to help or call authorities. They weren't notified for more than a week."

Sounds like serious greed involved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another story has the facts slightly different...https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/body-found-in-arkansas-river-in-colorado-confirmed-as-treasure-hunter-eric-ashby

He also said that Eric Ashby’s friends did not call for help when he was drowning.

According to Ashby’s father, Paul Ashby, it wasn’t until 10 days later that one of Eric Ashby’s friends called and reported he was missing.

“Ten days later, a girlf that was in the group called me and informed me that my son was dead,” Paul Ashby said. “Then she hung up. The people he was with did nothing for what ever reason.”

In the video, it is stated that two people who witnessed the accident from up river called in to report the accident.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just now saw on the local news that another treasure hunter died looking for Fenns treasure, this one in Yellowstone park

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread