Fantastic Find In Israel: Proof Of The Prophet Isaiah's Existence

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27462/fantastic-find-israel-proof-isaiah-prophets-hank-berrien

By Hank Berrien February 22, 2018

An extraordinary find has been made in Israel: archaeologists announced in an article published on Thursday that they have found physical evidence corroborating the existence of the Biblical prophet Isaiah.

Writing in Biblical Archaeology Review, Eliat Mazar, who headed the dig at which the discovery was found, describes the evidence. According to The Daily Beast, Mazar states that it is “a small piece of clay (an impression left by a seal), a mere 0.4 inches long, which appears to bear the inscription ‘Isaiah the prophet.’”

The new discovery came as part of the excavations at the Ophel excavation in Jerusalem, which had already yielded a 2,700-year-old clay seal impression that had belonged to the governor of Jerusalem, thus proving that the Jewish people had an administrative presence almost three thousand years ago and that Biblical administrative structures were genuine.

Mazar writes that the new find, one of the many clay seal impressions known as bullae found at the site, was near the bullae already discovered to have a mark from a seal of the Biblical King Hezekiah. He notes, “alongside the bullae of Hezekiah … [were] 22 additional bullae … among these is the bulla of ‘Yesha‘yah Nvy[?].’” That is Hebrew for Isaiah the Prophet.

According to the Book of Isaiah, the prophet lived from 691-533 B.C., during the reign of King Hezekiah, who was regarded as the greatest king the Jewish people had except for King David.

At the beginning of Isaiah's prophetic career, the land of Judea was quite prosperous, but he witnessed the poor being oppressed, people pursuing wanton pleasure, and growing idolatry. Isaiah warned that if such practices continued, both the kingdoms of Judea and Israel would be destroyed. While Isaiah preached to the kingdom of Judah, his contemporary Hosea preached to the kingdom of Israel. In 722 B.C., the kingdom of Israel collapsed when Sennacherib invaded. According to Jewish tradition, when Hezekiah’s son, Manasseh, who was evil, ascended to the throne, he had Isaiah murdered.

Isaiah has tremendous importance for Jews and Christians; he taught that piety that was devoid of sincerity was wrong. His prophecies regarding the Messiah were interpreted differently by members of both faiths, but both faiths regard him as a powerful harbinger of what is to come.

As Andrew Davies, director of the Edward Cadbury Centre at Britain’s University of Birmingham, told The Daily Beast: “Without Isaiah we’d be missing some of the most sorrowful but also the most hopeful of all religious poetry and some of the greatest theological innovation of all time.”

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Here am I, send me!" And it happened. The closer we get to what's coming next, the more is being revealed.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
proof he was real. he was always real i believe in it

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
As Smokey said..... We know more and more as we reach our journey. Personally and very certainly, I've been taught faith through my 68 years. I do not really want to take the subject to Religion, as this thread would disappear as the Objectors try to make it so.

I do NOT Believe!

I KNOW, as there has always been a path before me to reach here. Nothing in the world will ever give you peace, but a faith in goodness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread