Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Treasure Hunters Challenge FBI Over Dig for Legendary Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    28051 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Treasure Hunters Challenge FBI Over Dig for Legendary Gold

DENTS RUN, Pa. (AP)Treasure hunters and neighbors are challenging the FBI's official stance that it found nothing during an excavation aimed at finding a fabled cache of Civil War gold

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Monday October 8, 2018 10:52 PM Update Can Be read Here:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...legendary-gold

This Video is the Earlier News report from March

Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 09, 2018 at 07:10 AM.

us
    Sep 2018
    Nazareth, PA
    Garrett 250
    192 times

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    20290 times
    Metal Detecting
    He said, she said.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5564 times
    Gone with the Wind
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 10, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

us
    Sep 2015
    Montana
    231 times
    You know there was something there and the feds are just being shady. I would think they could file suit with the scan as evidence.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5564 times
    The show is for free advertising to place out honey for the bees. News is the honey and the bees are television networks and newspapers. I have read for years about these treasure hunters and their exploits. There are a lot of claims but no gold to take to the assay office. And I mean NONE. Where is there any proof that the Union Payroll was ever sent through Dent's Run? There is no documents, none of the men were soldiers. The military does not sent out gold with scavengers and drunks or sick and invalid. A payroll of that size would have had a military detachment of at least thirty to forty men with the commanding officer being with the rank of Major. There never was any Union Gold at Dent's Run. If there is where is the documents that verify the gold was shipped, the men were detached and papers filed on the gold missing. The government does not just lose nearly a ton or more of gold without an investigation. They say these people were sent out even the Pinkertons were sent out to investigate where is the documents to verify anything?

Dec 2003
    28051 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    The show is for free advertising to place out honey for the bees. News is the honey and the bees are television networks and newspapers. I have read for years about these treasure hunters and their exploits. There are a lot of claims but no gold to take to the assay office. And I mean NONE. Where is there any proof that the Union Payroll was ever sent through Dent's Run? There is no documents, none of the men were soldiers. The military does not sent out gold with scavengers and drunks or sick and invalid. A payroll of that size would have had a military detachment of at least thirty to forty men with the commanding officer being with the rank of Major. There never was any Union Gold at Dent's Run. If there is where is the documents that verify the gold was shipped, the men were detached and papers filed on the gold missing. The government does not just lose nearly a ton or more of gold without an investigation. They say these people were sent out even the Pinkertons were sent out to investigate where is the documents to verify anything?
    Where did it Come from Then ?

Careful !!! Your Membership over the next 6 Months is on the Line ?
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 10, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

Sep 2018
    124 times
    Looks like Forrest Finns treasure box at the end of the video.

Dec 2003
    28051 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARKS View Post
    Ohhh scary, his life will just be over wouldn't it? He would be done for, his wife would leave him, his dog would run off, his kids would disown him.... oh that won't really happen...they what's it matter?

My mama always told me they can't eat me and if they try I'll just show them where to start! LOL LMAOoo

You trying to say a person isn't allowed to question questionable news stories?
    I'm Saying Members Cannot Call other Members a Liar.

& I am going to add now, Read the Rules.
    http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules
    Mocking a Moderator could get You banned too !

Wanna Test Me OZARKS ?

I can be your friend Or your Enemy, Your Choice !
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 10, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27998 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARKS View Post
    Ohhh scary, his life will just be over wouldn't it? He would be done for, his wife would leave him, his dog would run off, his kids would disown him.... oh that won't really happen...they what's it matter?

My mama always told me they can't eat me and if they try I'll just show them where to start! LOL LMAOoo

You trying to say a person isn't allowed to question questionable news stories?
    He is saying post by our rules and calling a member a liar will earn a member a time out. Just put one on a time out yesterday for the same thing.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jun 2012
    5564 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Where did it Come from Then ?

Careful !!! Your Membership over the next 6 Months is on the Line ?
    All I am trying to say if you claim you have found gold in different locations but for some reason can not recover them then with all of the expertise of finding treasure surely pictures or photos can be posted of those or any finds at all. Mel Fisher's group they post photos of treasures found and treasures for sale. We know they can find treasures. If there are claims after claims of treasure found and someone keeps stealing them. Then I think if they have hunted treasures for years they should have some treasure or photos of gold and or silver to show.

In my younger days I had people make claims of being able to run a hundred yard dash in ten seconds flat in shoulder pads yet when I ran against them, they had no shoulder pads but I outran them even though I only ran 10.9. So endless claims of finds without any to show, just like the Lagina brothers six years and any amateur treasure hunter could find as much or more treasure in one outing and they have been digging "reality" for six years now. Claims should be supported by sound research, documents or photos. Else you can get tired of claim after claim.

"it" I do not know about? How could it come from anywhere if it was never there. The FBI said they found nothing. I am not calling anyone a liar, I would like to see proof.
    Last edited by franklin; Oct 10, 2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Ryano, wingmaster and Swaveab like this.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    On the flip side, I wonder how many things went missing and were pushed under the rug. You didn't want your population knowing that your losing valuable's or their money. How much of that has gone on too...Kind of makes me wonder.

The FBI wouldn't have went looking without some solid proof either?
    Last edited by Nitric; Oct 10, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Dec 2003
    28051 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    According to a Local Historian in Elk County. At that time (circa the late 1800s-early 1900s), the Pinkerton Detective Agency came to the area and lore has it that 3.5 gold bars were found. After some of the detectives left the agency, they were said to have spent the rest of their lives in the area looking for the rest of the gold.

I Would think the feds have Access to the Pinkerton's Records.

That said FK says Both they & The Feds investigators Believed there was Gold.

You can Call the Feds Liars , They as a Whole, are Not Members here.
    and consist of thousands of public and non public people.
    if there is a member here who is a fed , you cannot call him a liar as a member..

You can call the Laginas Liars, They are Public TV stars & Not Open Members here. If at All.

You cannot Suggest Finders Keepers are Lying about the Gold.
    as they are also members here.

All I'm saying IF your going to suggest It is not from one source,
    You must Believe it was from another Source ?

& I Hope you wern't saying FK Made it up.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 10, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
    Bumbalawski and FinderKeeper like this.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5423 times
    I knew nothing of this until three threads popped up on the active page. The more I'm learning the weirder this sounds. Like others have mentioned, I've never heard of the FBI looking for treasure....I mean they can't even find ...Well? that gets political.

What is the FBI doing there? Why? So? Tax payers are paying for treasure hunts? There has to be so much more to all of this!!
    FinderKeeper and seaweed like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    5564 times
    All I'm saying IF your going to suggest It is not from one source,
    You must Believe it was from another Source ?

What do you mean "You must believe it was from another source?" Are you speaking of the gold? If so it has not been proven that the gold was there to start with?

The Local Historian in Elk County could very well have been the author that sold the story to "Treasure Magazine" about the "Dent's Run Gold"

The story of Dent's Run gold only goes back to when a story was printed about $300,000 in gold missing near Buchannon, W.Va. just before the Battle of Gettysburg. I do believe this story was true. And I also believe the Dent's Run Gold story was made from this story since the Buchannon, W.Va. story was printed first. There are no earlier accounts of gold being at or near Dent's Run. I have contacted the historians up there and I have gotten newspapers from librarians up in that area. The story does not pre-date the early to late 1960's.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links