Mystery of Stone Carving in Plougastel-Daoulas exposes missing 1/2 of Levasseur Map

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...who-can-decipher-weird-inscription-180972174/

Well here we go ...... finally !

This is one of the biggest discoveries of the 21st century and I am happy to be able to share it with you all here to help get the info out for the public to view, before the story is twisted into a thousand theories.

There are a series of carvings that are on rocks along the coast of Plougastel-Daoulas in France that can only be approached at low tide, with a massive trove hidden behind the text in the cipher. The rocks baffled the locals so much that the town decided to put up a contest to see who could decipher the carved text, and bring some form of understanding to them about the origins of these and their meaning.

Well I believe that I have won the contest, sending in my submission a few days ago, and I am making the thread to show how the cipher was cracked.

The judges make the decision but you and me both know that there is more to these requests by officials than meets the eye, so just in case, I am making the thread also as proof of my solution.

Anyone heard of this competition? Didn't see a post here on it yet.

The carving begins with a larger stone face that has a few facets, as in cuts of a jewel. The cipher seems to be on top of the face using deep cuts, and somewhat different than the underlying map of symbols that is found on the face as well.

The words are incoherent, and move from the use of Latin, to short English, and French words, but being cut into pieces, with letters offset and some reversed. It was deemed a possible hoax by some that couldn't break the code, but there was a major flaw in the cipher, that allowed it to be broken fairly quickly. As some of you may know, I am one of the best in the field of Forensic Cryptography, having made numerous threads about my research and posting some of the most clear pics of evidence behind my discoveries since I began my work in these types of ventures.

I have racked up an impressive list and am even getting some media attention for my research in breaks in ciphers around the globe.

But this was pure excitement and pleasure wrapped into one package, as the town will be cutting a check to the winner for 2000 Euros !

Here's what I discovered

The stone has two layers of carvings that are on it's face, which has been flattened and chipped in areas, showing the marks that it is man made and conceals a series of images, one of which is the face of Olivier Levasseur.

The face is accentuated with a large mustache that curls at the ends, and the carving has a series of triangulated X's on the face, with numerous other signs it has been altered with a form of steganography to conceal a map. There was even a ghostly appearance of a stain that looked like it was an apparition, adding a spooky theme to the cipher.

On top of this and interwoven around the symbols, masking the overall image, was a series of confusing letters.

This is the rock's main face

Map Rock Layout Text.jpg

In the upper left hand corner is the face of Levasseur

Map Rock Layout Text DICK NOSE.jpg

Next to this on the first line is the word DREAR bringing a deadening sound to it's tone of a tragic tale that was themed like a Pirate's Dirge

One magazine quoted the phrase as spelled "ROC AR B... DRE AR GRIO SE EVELOH AR VIRIONES BAOAVEL... R I OBBIIE: BRISBVILAR... FROIK...AL.”

As you can see this is not the actual layout of the lettering, but their interpretation of the placement in a straight line of words with random marks and spacing.

To any cryptographer this is basically a known method of separation and the combination of words, that are anagrammed to find the right combination.

The first word carrying the tone for the phrase to be formed following it's theme, these words were rearranged to form the sound of a drunken sailor's song.

Looking even further into the words as they were carved into the rock, we see some added vulgarities in the first block of text on two of the lines used together

DICK NOSE highlighted.jpg

The obvious confusion added for effect !!! And the backwards N holding the clue to a Null, with it formed as an Arrow on the face.... coming from the twisted 'stache

But looking closer at the themes in a combination, we see the FACE + an Arrow pointing in the "Direction of Troves".....as you can see the letters can rearrange to spell just that

FACE DIRECTION OF TROVES

I almost thought that this was a joke....then i thought to check on the locations of the Levasseur Treasure Hunt on Mahe, just in case.

As you can see....the "Dick Nose" vulgarity is not a null, it leads to more carvings.....one on the beach with a Buzzard's Beak, and the other further in the cave with a clear problem that can only be described as a Proboscis Fallacy

FACE DIRECTION OF TROVES - DICK NOSE highlighted.jpg

Seeing this made me convinced that this was Levasseur's wit and his last statement while he was being chased by the Brits

Map Rock Island La Buse Olivier Le Vasseur signature.JPG

His signature was found on these carvings so I immediately grabbed the so-called cipher of 17 lines and went to work to identify the key to the cipher as it related to the new set of ciphertext on the carving in France

La Buse Cryptogram ROCAR Marks.jpg

There was a section of Masonic Cipher symbols that stood out as anagrammed phrases that were found at the top line on the body of text in France.

Voila.......

The two are officially connected to both the sets of carvings, and to the Privateer Olivier Levasseur and his adventures. O CLVE RCAR ! ----- CLUE ROCAR

Anyone that has researched this cipher will attest to the translations being somewhat strange to have been encrypted in the first place. The cipher reveals a few lines about stopping a woman snoring, a cure for scurvy at sea with tamarinds, and throwing **** at Turks. The ideas were not very much accepted as a treasure map in code, but at the last line was the phrase about some type of direction to take. These later turned out to be the movements from the beach carvings on Mahe to the cave that held more of them and his signature.

The Cipher did also contain more CLVES that held examples of descriptors to identify the Plougastel-Daoulas stone specifically and keyed both a map of a triangulation found on the stone, as well as exposed more of the way to break down the stone ciphers in France. One held a path that was encoded on the rocks in the same places, in an amazing comparison photo from one of the older Wilkins searches.

La Buse Reunion 9 Mapped MYSTERY ROCK.jpg

The idea was that the obvious direction would take you to the cave, but the hidden clues in the cipher took you to the "Reunion" between Levasseur and Taylor in France, their intended plan after they were done with their duties. When looking at the beach carvings, one clearly makes out the coastline of Brest and Plougastel-Daoulas is keyed as the location with a weathered X marks the spot.

Taylor had fled when they were being chased with his own loot, and possibly La Buse's share as well. As the ciphers unravel further you see that they are clearly designed to conceal the locations of these points that were Naval bases and coastlines where he was trained at port in his duties. It was his stomping ground and was a well known location that he would be easily able to remember when carving it's location on the carvings in Mahe.

La Buse Reunion 6 Map X MARKS SPOT LOCATORS BREST.jpg

Even more is found when comparing the cipher to the ROCAR label, as an overlay or side-by-side examination. The same triangulation of symbols is encrypted with the text overlaying it in the same shape in both. The edges of the paper are even cut for reference.

cryptogram la buse Triangle Carved Rock Plougastel.jpg

But this is where the trail leads from the troves of Levasseur to discover the bigger treasure. The above pic shows the signature of the carved letters that were added to the map on the rock face....I MEVUS MESVUN, and below it ROIAL This is the name of the Royal Arch Mason, that made this carved cipher to match the written one, that has been inaccurately described throughout history as coming from the necklace of Levasseur at his execution. This is where the confusion hit for about 10 minutes, before I started to notice their signs throughout the ciphers and in the carvings as they were made. Apparently being in the Navy, Levasseur was given some form of instruction by Masons and gained their attention as a possible member, as they seem to be founded in the same type of cryptography and methods of concealment using the arts.....something that dated back to Bacon's times.

cryptogram la buse Deciphered.jpg

Looking at the cipher you see that there is one line that ends with a period....and this is where the lower half of the cipher is split from the upper half, forming two shapes, one of an upper image of a sail or a star constellation, and the other was appearing to take on the image of a ship, using the strange symbols that were considered unknowns in the translations found so far. These stand outs were a path cipher which led to the locations of his caches.

After looking at the other rocks in France, one stood out immediately to be the same image of the ship that was in the cipher, as well as having the upper section removed from the carving in the shape of the triangle from the cipher

The CLVES began to unlock one by one, as the translation of the cipher held grammatical errors that could only be attributed to illiteracy (but knowing how to cipher) or that they were caused by the alteration of the symbols with one that would appear more like a letter from the alphabet. In fact the triangle is made from the letter "A" that is another outstanding feature with an apex in only 3 of them.

These were basic examinations.....the hardest part was yet to come.

There were two dates on the French rock carving - 1786 and 1787 - and Levasseur was executed in 1730, so how could he have added the written parts?

The signs were also showing that the Royal Arch Mason who added the written instructions left them encoded with the only key in the paper that somehow became filed in Mahe's records halls. It is obvious that there was a party that came through at a later time and left the ciphers behind for a reason that would become the catalyst for the French Revolution, two years later.

The signs were so obvious that I felt a bit of my life uplifted to a degree......I felt that I had uncovered the key to unlocking one of the hidden parts of history, solving the puzzle of a huge buried trove, and at the same time holding the evidence in my hand that nobody else has ever seen before.

So much went into making these ciphers and carvings appear like they were useless, but they held the most important parts of their heritage for years without them ever knowing.

This cipher in paper on record was crafted by none other than Thomas Jefferson, in a correspondence to his associate in France, James Currie. He was sent to France to begin this movement, by leaving the French the keys to finding these troves so they could fund the French Revolution. On the carving in France is the evidence of this person, with his name James carved above the Royal Arch Mason phrase, along with a compass and square over the capstone image.

This was separated by the image of a flag that was waving in the wind....a familiar image that we remember from famous paintings of the woman bearing her one Brest while holding the flag during the Revolution.....I know you remember that one Brest....lol

Map Rock flag face of king ARCH MASON James Currie.jpg

The ciphertext concealed a date on the bottom after most of the letters were decoded, and it appeared that it was the date of 1/28/1786 - the date of the letter that was sent to James Currie in France from Jefferson, who then commented on the "medical part" of the cipher's translation as a reminder for Currie to pay attention to the ciphers he was sending, even making a clear statement about him being oblivious to their secret double meaning. He almost blew his cover trying to get Currie to reply to the cipher.

Currie did just that and Jefferson had sent an amazing decipherment to be used to encode the carvings that Currie worked to leave behind in secret, right under the nose of the Royal French Navy, who were erecting their bases in that area when the carvings were made.

The men had to craft a way to communicate the methods to eachother so they used sublime literary techniques and Perser Coding strategies to give step by step instructions, written in the tone of a basic letter that holds no meaning.

Jefferson was an amazing cryptographer to say the least, to have pulled this off and have nobody know for this long

Here is the full breakdown of the ciphertext on the stone and some of the PigPen from the paper cipher, with the hidden message about their financing of the Revolution, thanks for the loans, and the plans to move into other parts of the Continent together to look for gold.

Map Rock Text Translation Worksheet.jpg

This is also one of the first mentions of the name Eldorado as a place that they knew in Arizona.....an interesting tidbit that later is seen taking hold in the Beale, using one of Jefferson's edited Declarations of Independence after he was dead.

Something about this is monumental to me......

Can you feel it ?

The Cross of Goa is still missing......and I know exactly where to find it.....

I can't wait to hear back from the Judges in the competition and the press there.

We are going to have so much fun in France !

Bastille Day Art French Revolution.jpg

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Interesting. Why did they write this all on a rock?

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Why did they write this all on a rock?

Well at the time it would be considered high treason and that they would be arrested for being in France and plotting with the Masons there.

They had to be able to pass along a message without anyone knowing so they separated this into two parts, with the stone being so hidden that only a few would know about in the area. They were also trying to keep from being found so they continued their correspondences in secret form and hid their message behind a complex cipher.

There is nothing in the so called cipher of Levasseur as we knew it that leads to any known location by name, so they had crafted a cipher with a cover story and left that in the records in Mahe, so that they would find his carvings there, and see the cipher led from there in Mahe to the coast of France. There is no way that he could have used these ciphers to plot a course to his treasures, as the cipher does not mention Mahe's carvings, but it does lead to the French carvings directly.

Also Masons all leave their records in stone with ciphers, so it was apparent that they were leaving a record for their followers as a testament of some sort to be found at a later time after they had formed their movement against the King.

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let us know how it unfolds - my head hurts just reading that

You should see how my desk looks.....lol

Piles of papers, worksheets, cigarette butts all over the place, and empty coca cola bottles

It was like a weekend binge when I figured it out.

Stayed up for two days straight with about 4 to 6 hours of rest....was unable to break from the cipher.....was somewhat compelling as you can see

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating stuff here thanks for sharing. Has anyone found any of the treasure associated with this puzzle?

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating stuff here thanks for sharing. Has anyone found any of the treasure associated with this puzzle?

So far there has been two coffins or bodies, with an empty chest, and some trinkets from their group of Pirates on the Island. Even if the evidence of this trove shows that it was taken to France with clues left on the Island of Mahe doesn't mean that there isn't a ton of other smaller troves that the Pirates on his ship would have taken for their shares and buried. There were a lot of men and they were each paid 5000 Gold Coins each it was said.

The Cross of Goa is still missing.....

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ,
Em, perhaps a little read of the link may or may not help you.

François Parmentier's Plougastel-Daoulas dossier... - Cipher Mysteries

I appreciate the link and have been on that site before, but the fact is through 88 pages or so of his examination of the cipher he still hasn't broken the code.

Such is the way with the science that is used to examine other older types of encryption as their methods were used to defeat logical interpretive studies of frequency by randomizing the letters and hosting the use of a key that offered descriptors. The one carving is not enough to realize the translation without identifying the theme of the carvings and what purpose they were made to serve.

Once you realize that there are two parts that were made to work together then you see that these ciphers both speak about the same things, and describe a trove of great wealth from a time before their carvings were added over the map.

They wanted to conceal the obvious map with a jarbled phrase so everyday passersby would ignore it and overlook it's importance, but at the same time pass a message along somewhat anonymously about a whole other affair that was to be staged after the carving was altered with the dates and the name James (Currie), Royal Arch Mason

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More evidence that the Cipher speaks directly of both Levasseur and the Rock where the carving lays.

La Buse Cryptogram REVOLUTION L CARVE.jpg

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original letter sent by James Currie to Thomas Jefferson in Paris outlined the plans in details that were using the capitalized words. There were the same amount in the first page as there were on the second page....they showed the first lines were the theme and continued to highlight words that spoke about their opportunity and naval voyage

James Currie to Thomas Jefferson (November 20, 1784) Deciphered.jpg

The message that was provided later by Thomas Jefferson, dated to 1/28/1786 and the PS from 10/20/1786 were the letters used to reply to his letter here, building the themes about these ciphers and the ways that they are to be encrypted

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other compelling information was the fact that Levasseur was at sea for the entire 9 years after the movement to take the Cabo.....he had plenty of time to find the right locations to carve his maps without anyone noticing.

He had plenty of time to travel to any location that he wanted, and with enough gold to get him there and back. He had bought entire tracts of land on the Island of Mahe, and was known throughout the region.

So why would he risk burying a trove on the island when he knew that the second anyone found out that word would break out that he was hording troves in the area?

People would start digging.

If he was even the least bit interested in returning to France, as he made the approach to consult with them about his amnesty, he would be concerned enough to employ a strategy to have the goods waiting for him in France, with enough stashed in the area of Mahe to be able to stay there and return when all was agreed to.

He was under employ of the Crown, but still guaranteed his share so I am sure that he was merely waiting on the island to clear things and was going to return to France for his larger caches.

Seeing that he sent representatives to discuss his freedom, he still had a degree of respect for their roles and probably wanted to return, and I doubt that he would have tried to remain on Mahe forever hiding a map to the entire stake he was holding

Having 9 years he would have easily made the trip there to do something with it all and I suspect wholeheartedly that he was making these stone cliff carvings with a way to keep their wheels spinning.

The way the maps were set up, anyone from that time that ran across them in France, and was able to see his face and recognize the location as one of his ports near Brest, would easily follow the trail TO MAHE looking for him, and then be easily enraptured in the story seeing EVEN MORE carved images, and buried items.

They would be left spinning on the island looking for something when in reality he was keen, and was leaving only a part of the map in each location.

Why would I suspect that?

I merely am following the clues that are there from point of origins, to locations, making interpretations of each, and finding that they all point back to France, including the one buried object known as the Cross of Goa, as the massive heart stone outlines the coast of Brest and the rivers there.

So if he was burying a treasure on Mahe, then why was he carving a stone there to appear like the shoreline and rivers in an area in France?

It doesn't make sense seeing the new evidence all pointing to their "Reunion" in France......to unearth them when safe and sound in their home port.

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have done alot of research Eldo, which is great and I respect your intense research, however I have to disagree with you somewhat. The rock in France has nothing to do with Levasseur. I do however agree with some of your statements. Yes Labuse owned alot of land in Mahe, Bel Ombre to be specific, and YES it would be really dumb to hide a treasure in your own back yard with land registered in your name. However he did make carvings representing the topography of the treasure island, these markers / carvings are also directly linked to the translated cryptogram and other documents that Le Butin had on him which where eventually handed down the family to Mrs Savy.

The link between the rock carvings at Bel Ombre where John is currently searching and the cryptogram is key in finding the treasure island. We are currently actively working / searching the location that both the cryptogram and the carvings elude to. We are hoping to pull the treasure out before the end of the year, weather dependent. Its been a long journey, with negotiations, permits and bad weather, but its time to prove that the cryptogram is not a fake. We will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you have done alot of research Eldo, which is great and I respect your intense research, however I have to disagree with you somewhat. The rock in France has nothing to do with Levasseur. I do however agree with some of your statements. Yes Labuse owned alot of land in Mahe, Bel Ombre to be specific, and YES it would be really dumb to hide a treasure in your own back yard with land registered in your name. However he did make carvings representing the topography of the treasure island, these markers / carvings are also directly linked to the translated cryptogram and other documents that Le Butin had on him which where eventually handed down the family to Mrs Savy.

The link between the rock carvings at Bel Ombre where John is currently searching and the cryptogram is key in finding the treasure island. We are currently actively working / searching the location that both the cryptogram and the carvings elude to. We are hoping to pull the treasure out before the end of the year, weather dependent. Its been a long journey, with negotiations, permits and bad weather, but its time to prove that the cryptogram is not a fake. We will keep you posted.

This would be a good place to talk about it all.

I don't plan on ever going to Mahe unless invited to help in the search and wish you well in the search.

If you come to a roadblock and want to chat more I am open to help solve the puzzle.

The only thing that I would say is that the cipher is confirmed as being from another party and that was clearly Thomas Jefferson as the continuation of this mystery was found to be tied to phrases in the cipher itself that directly marked locations in France.

Here is how my logic and interpretation works.

The Cipher was "said to be from Levasseur" for years, and later it was deemed that it was not his and then the idea shifted to the person known as LeButin.....which does sound like it COULD be correct as he was said to have also buried troves in the area of Reunion, but Mahe was not specifically discussed as one of his islands.

So there is confusion and no definitive break in the cipher that reveals any crytograms that decode to point to Mahe

There are also phrases in the cipher that show it is discussing the location of the OL LEVASSEUR CLANC

Which if it was from Levasseur himself, he would not have been speaking about his troves in that tone. This is a sign that someone else is speaking about passing instructions to locate these troves for a reason, and the later phrases in the cipher reveal that it was to create the funding for the French Revolution.

These troves are clearly of importance as one of them was a Religious artifact, and is deemed something of importance to the efforts to bring a Christian port town the "grace" that was bestowed on them by the missionaries of the past.

The Freemasons were devout in this belief as well, and would naturally be respectful of that interest, seeking to leave that one part buried for a later mission, as they were only speaking in the cipher about the Jewels and the Gold/Silver.

The clear messages like the O CLEVER ROCAR.....show that the cipher directly located the stone carving on Plougastel-Daoulas and that the stone was the key to the lock that was found on Mahe.

The problem though is that if the stone in France was the first part of the rock mapping sequence, it would lead you AWAY from the area intentionally to an island in the middle of nowhere.

The clues there on Mahe would be matching with the name carved, yet there was nothing there that showed a definite location on Mahe that I could see from either these carvings along the shore, except the ones that led to the cave in the hills.

This series of carvings in Mahe would lead to more there, but when you look at them you see the clear outlines of French locations....one in Brest and one on the coast of Plougastel-Daoulas

If the treasure was on Mahe and you had to follow these ciphers that speak of the O CLEVER ROCAR.....the rock would be a clever way to lead you away from the French coast and off to another place that would be a deception of sorts, but also left you with the maps there in stone on Mahe to "REUNION" in France when you realized these were clearly pointing BACK to France.

I know you have invested time and money in the affair and there are permits pending, as I do know that there are clearly reasons for the continued search for these troves, but it is important that these facts are known correctly and that the efforts you make are for the right reasons so as not to take historical facts and twist them to suit your needs, in the efforts of declaring your finds from your research as confirmed by your interpretations. I have shown that there are inconsistencies in this affair that you are making and have asked that you recognize that both your assertions of the trail of clues being found from LeButin are not correct, and that you should correct that claim without publishing speculations about the cipher being from LeButin, or that the cipher leads to any troves of Levasseur without the reinforcements of them coming from a legitimate review of the ciphers, and the declaration of that discovery to Mahe's local govt. Making declarations in a published work faces scrutiny by other professionals, and the use of these declarations of discovery to secure a permit to dig is somewhat fraudulent, if not completely unwarranted, when the new evidence has shown there is a series of maps at your location that point to France.

I would say that based on the hunch that Levasseur was on the island for 8 or 9 years that he had time to plant some of his personal shares and that he was planning to keep them safe in the mountains or in the coastal vault where they could easily be dug by him at a later time, but the clear evidence is showing that the most of the goods were transported BACK to France for their safe keeping, as he was being hunted by the British and the Portuguese. There is no reason to claim that there would be discoveries of evidence of a tie-in to LeButin being involved and that there is also a strong suspicion of the locations in Mahe holding smaller caches. You are right to believe that there might be a trove somewhere, but if you are trying to secure a permit to dig, it is clear that you must use legitimate facts when appealing to the govt. If you use something that is concocted and then dig, finding something, while the record is printed in Mahe using some fabricated suspicion of it being a cipher from LeButin leading to a Levasseur Trove, it embarrasses them and leads tourists away from any tourist traps that are propped up by people that are merely looking for their own rewards. The govt then decides to publish the record of what was found and they are then seen as being deceptive as well, whether or not this all happens, is really up to you. They are basically concerned with the environmental damage of a dig, and they are also concerned with their image as a location that either attracts more people, or drives them away from these tourist sites based on the educational and historical value of it all. That is merely the way that the govts work. They want legitimate research and solid evidence that they can put into a display, and produce for their websites, and when something just doesn't fit the pieces together correctly, these seem like hoaxes to tourists, and they begin to distrust ANY type of effort in these types of recovery projects. What I am saying is that if you are interested in only the recovery and publishing of information in regards to it all, you should really move into a more detailed and reinforced declaration of discovery, instead of being so elusive and worried that you won't get your permits. The denial of my research by you is something that seems more like you are trying to hide something about your own, as I have shown everything about these discoveries, and have openly shared it in hopes that you and others would not be lost wandering or lose money in your own efforts.

Nothing like rounding up investments based on a hunch and then to discover that you are being played by a Privateer from centuries ago who anticipated this exact scenario....it always leaves you with a good laugh but when it is someone else's money and someone else's history at stake they tend to be a little more interested in recovering their own money and losses. Again this is only based on what I see and what I have read across a wide platform concerning these types of recovery efforts.

I am basing this on mostly the fact that there are additional mapping stones in France that you have claimed do not exist as being tied to the Cipher, and that you are also calling the Levasseur carvings in Mahe a location that you found using the "LaButin" cipher. I have found the evidence and have proven it's origin using basic cryptographic examinations and had no problem proving it here or to the French that I have spoken to. You seem to be trying to cover up the existence of that information in your declarations but that is your own assertion, and you have not shown any proof of your research here, and instead have chosen to announce your discoveries of a cave and stone carvings, one of which has a large appendage attached to it's face. Any reason that you might now of in the historical records of these types of troves that a huge phallus would be added? I have never in my life seen anything so hilarious, leading me to believe that this one sign is a dead giveaway that there is a joke being played on many people, and that it is something vulgar and crass......My info was also passed not just to you and your team, but to the other searcher John Cruise-Wikins in hopes that there would be more information added to the location and the records so that people could also interpret these markings as something of an interest to them all in attracting more people to the island to see them.

I would think that this new site you found with a huge rock pointing out at the sky would somewhat turn heads and make people laugh, but again that is the joke and that is the interpretation of a location that holds the Levasseur signature on it all.

The conflicting statements in your effort to secure this permit while denying these new discoveries is nothing that will help your effort, and these locations should be addressed correctly seeing that you are moving into the publishing of your finds and have spoken about these facts as your reasoning here on a discussion board. Just saying you made the first move and now you are ignoring these finds. So be it.......

It is important that you document these correctly and that you realize that the historical records of LeButin related to different troves on other islands that have been found and have been confirmed in the past. They are not able to be slammed together to create a historical record justifying any search or dig, when the other possible discoveries would be the actual grave of Levasseur or one of his other men on the islands.

Graves should not be disturbed, no matter what is found in them that may be of value. You should invest in a deep scanning tool or detector that will show the nature of the objects before making your declarations, seeing as that is a suitable method of getting a clear picture of the troves before any digs may disturb more possible graves. This being another reason why there are such strong reasons for denying random digs based on the discovery of carvings on that specific island, as grave were found in the past.

There are simple procedures that should be followed and the verification of the evidence of the ciphers should be reinforced with a second opinion, and scans should be a part of the permitting process.

Try not to deny my research and discredit my discoveries, and also one last point that should be made.....John is the person that began the most of the research following his father's efforts with Mrs. Rose Savy. For you to use that info to jump to conclusions and assert your own theory of it being from LeButin is completely erroneous, and something that should be recognized. I am one to believe that the only reason that you are making the LeButin declaration is to circumnavigate around his discoveries to make your own declarations, without accrediting his effort to bring a legitimate record to the Govt. in pursuit of a dig.

The more you deny his involvement and my interpretations as being sound, the more you seem to be making up the whole story having attempted to steal the spotlight.

The end of the year is here......hopefully you can prove your assertions and can discredit mine with something to show, other than using your opinion, as I am publishing my research no matter what the outcome of your 10+ year long effort is. You both denied my research is sound on your reply and at the same time claimed that it is "intense"....it is not that hard to read and research about LeButin here....there are many posts from others that have shown their articles and discoveries, so it is obvious that you are making erroneous claims about HOW you came to discover these locations. The Cipher does not follow any trail of clues to your cave.....the carving that John is pictured in along the shoreline in Black and White does though....and that is the reason for your deception and confusion. I have no problem showing that to anyone about how you have fabricated the entire trail that you followed using other people's declarations of discoveries.

It took me no more than a few nights to locate the info about the carving in France and to prove John was right about something there. It should not have taken you that long to locate the cave with your reasoning, for but some reason you waited until now to speak about this info. The reason is that you didn't want anyone to find out that you were moving into the field using his research to secure your own permit there.

I hope you see that this is all something that is going in circles and will eventually lead you to an empty hole in the ground having been led to a carved face reclining with an appendage sticking out of his face. A joke that was played on the many that would try to follow the wrong path.

Last edited:

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you to suggest that I am using someone elses research to secure a permit it utter BS, I found my location before I even knew about any treasure or even before I knew about Olivier Levasseur.
I found it by pure chance and thus researched backwards and proved how the clues and cryptogram all point to my location.

I never discredited any of your research, I said I respect it, but disagree.

"The more you deny his involvement and my interpretations as being sound, the more you seem to be making up the whole story having attempted to steal the spotlight. " What BS is this statement also, I never denied any involvement and not trying to steal any spotlight.

I also never claimed once that it was Le Butin's treasure, I claimed that Le Butin was searching for it and had documents regarding it, that he handed down to his relatives, being the Savys.

Anyhow, no point in me debating this topic with you as you clearly have not taken a Pragmatic approach to your research and are claiming things on that ROCK that are not there, I was simply stating I disagree and informing you of our progress, so all I can say is good luck with your research as there are many people searching in various locations around the world and only time will tell who is right.

OP
OP
Eldo

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the contest winner was not you (see first post)

The History Blog » Blog Archive » Mystery of the Breton inscription still mysterious

do the winning (partial) translations correspond at all with yours ?

Their "interpretation" of the text used, albeit one of a partially spelled out series of shortened and altered letters, showed how they improperly deciphered their own languages, differing to a good degree between the two solves they accepted. It shows that they focused merely on the translation of the text and both were not confident on a solid meaning chocking it all off to a man of lesser intelligence.....how fitting for them to do that...

To me there is clearly a secondary alteration of the stones to hold images of faces and images of a flag, compass, square, and heart with a cross, a sign of their order. It also has a clearly carved key that is made in the stone, meaning that it is a literal key to a sort of cipher.

To then see that all ignored shows me that their agenda was merely to try to find a literary definition of the words to compile a tale.

What lay there in the area where other stones carved with images of ships, and marks of navigation added as if it related as a physical map to a location.

The wording also matched the ciphers of the so called Levasseur Troves but the cipher spoke of physically locating the Ol Levasseur "Clank" which would not be his own words, but someone passing instructions to someone to use it for some purpose, and reading further into the paper/parchment cipher it shows there is nothing that identifies a name of the author, but mentions the O Clever ROCAR (also scribed in the stone there) with the lower half of the cipher holding the same image of the ship that was found on the other stones in the area.

So seeing this as confirmation of the ciphers holding steganographic design, and tying them together in a path cipher, it matched the stone images and formed a complete map to the locations.

I could care less if I don't get the money from them flaking on the solve with a basic translation, I took that challenge to solve it because even Ian Fleming saw some importance in that carved inscription, and he himself offered a contest similar to this one to solve the puzzle.

He was British Intelligence....and obviously THEY TOO KNEW about the ciphers and wondered about the locations of the troves.

So why would something that was so intriguing and pushed not once but twice in a competition be ignored if the information was so pivotal to their own history.....something I cannot understand

FACE DIRECTION OF TROVES - DICK NOSE highlighted.jpg

Maybe they were offended at what Jefferson had left for them to find..........nothing but a stab at their arrogance

Last edited:

Blackwat3r

Dec 28, 2020
Sofa
Detector(s) used
Thinking cap.
Pen and papper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo,
Quite interesting work you have been doing. I am seeing the information but not the way you have connected it all together. I understand if you dont want to explain to me everything. I am interested in connecting the (key)stone at brest with the La Buse Cyrptogram. If I say L'aire, Syam, Rean. Am I on your path?

Blackwat3r

Dec 28, 2020
Sofa
Detector(s) used
Thinking cap.
Pen and papper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo,
Quite interesting work you have been doing. I am seeing the information but not the way you have connected it all together. I understand if you dont want to explain to me everything. I am interested in connecting the (key)stone at brest with the La Buse Cyrptogram. If I say L'aire, Syam, Rean. Am I on your path?

If anyone is here?

Does any one know where I can find high res of the Original(original copy) The ones on the internet I found are no good now I need to see the one from the archievs on Mahe.

Eldo
I'd love to hear you reasoning for connecting the stone the Cipher. Is there anything that directly relates the two? I dont feel comfortable with the ship halves. The way you pick out 'clue' is obscure, I doubt that word be used in that way. Also I can say the same text could be a referance to the Etiane from the letter, Calliere. I understand the possible resoning and have also found la roc in my squares along with those 3 towns which if you draw a line connecting makes the triangle from the flat 'A's in the chiper. Paris is a better match but it does line up with brest.... ;p
If the stone is a key to the Cipher is it usable? I can not find a copy of the inscription only poor photographs.

I have been working with a couple of groups of key words in a kind vigenere fashion.
there is an annagram of the word 'square' in the second line next to, and sharing charecters with a word very closer to 'Durer'. These two together Could be taken for a clue to use a square in a certain fashion. (No evidence for this thoery. apart from the symbolism and possibly coincidence)

Also if you take the first word 'Apre' to mean harsh to hear, and the obscure word TIRESKET. Dropping the T's makes 'IRESKE' which is Danish for 'Irish' and danish being a hard language to hear for none speakers due to the unfarmilar vocalisations. This could be a hint to multi language use in the cipher. Also hints that some key words to begin the journey are sat within matching chacters,within Pair's. Unfortunatly I doubt this method will bring me 'plain as day' clear text, more groups of letters that infer a word so this can't be trusted but I have follow afew of the trails and the squares have hinted at boats frozen or stuck in a harbour that are burnt. plunder and troves. Cpt, Jim, Cpt Johnhon, brother Elfoe, Hawken. One interesting dechiperd text was CLPASMS, as in 150 psalms, I think, this is a hint to those that know that chiper is to be read three ways. Also the name demolay. Until I can find a copy of the original document or go and Photo graph it myslef( if I can find it! Any help welcome) I can't continue much further. past to the second wall.

I do believe the text has been alterd many many times Possibly as the other troves were collected? I think This Chipher is very old, has been re worked several times, may never be sovled due to coruption with out the original.
it has been cleaned of charcters
there are 4 maybe 5 chiphers on the page one chiper has certainly been alterd .
I believe the document was first 'repurposed' in 1426.
The original document has a signature.

I do think there are four troves left if you read how the Chipher has been reworked over time you will see there was a total of 36 of which four are still left, maybe 3 now?

I think if LBT is on mahe and can walk around Im sure he wouldnt need a map I have seen very good locations from air photographs but will likley never step foot on the island. and without the eye stone it could be difficult.........

1110 11010

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagerly waiting for the conclusion to this story!!! Thanks for updating Us!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread